93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one of the many things Timothy has become proficient at is videography. He took the class at school and wound up filming sports for school as well.

He is going to record the videos for me of the series.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey check out Knoxville Craigslist. Under Fish Tank. In Hendersonville. Divided 8 space tank for your store? Thought you might like it.

wish it was closer I’d like to look at it. It’s really dirty. lol

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna try to nurse the table saw through the last few cuts making the trim around the in walls.

I am probably going to store it after that and keep looking for a motor. Meanwhile, I am going to probably buy a hitachi job site saw. I have watched several videos on it and a buddy has one that he uses every day and loves it.

No, it won't hold a candle to the 3612 but, it's about 250 pounds lighter and only about $300.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
727C93AD-1DA6-4992-8256-E066240C85AC.jpeg

Cleaned the glass and put in the new printed rack. It’s temporary until the frag tanks is up

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a sad day indeed. I knew this day would come but no one wants to admit they are going to lose something special to them. Almost like a member of the family. The motor in my ts3612 table saw is dying and a replacement is no longer made.
I have had the saw for 19+ years and it has helped to feed my family and restore countless houses. It have cut the material for speakers that are now playing in Jakarta, johanassburg and jersey and all points in between.

I made the serving platters and cake boards for my wedding reception with it. I built the first “big boy” beds the boys had with it.

I just don’t know what I will do without it. I am hoping it will make it through the rest of the store build but fear it won’t.

May sound silly to some of you but it’s been with me for over a third of my ornery life and never let me down.
I understand sentiment for tools. Is there an electric motor repair shop near by? I have had a huge compressor motor rebuilt for a shop I worked for and it turned out great. Probably still running.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand sentiment for tools. Is there an electric motor repair shop near by? I have had a huge compressor motor rebuilt for a shop I worked for and it turned out great. Probably still running.

Yes there is. They want a small fortune to repair it.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank God it's been raining pretty much all night.

My pond was low and I was going to have to start treating some water to fill it up.

This morning on my way to the car I looked over and it was about 2" from overflowing. Nature's water change will happen today. :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a place that will rebuild the motor to the saw but they are backed up for weeks. I am going to drop the motor off this week some time.

Meanwhile, I realized that transporting a 335 pound cast iron saw around was probably not doing my shoulders any favors so I ordered this:

It has great reviews, plenty of power and capacity and it didn't break the bank.

It arrives tomorrow.

:)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back