93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this the first ceiling light fixture assembled. It’s really nice looking and bright!

D058AFC7-B20A-43F1-AA30-D017691729CF.jpeg

3 more to assemble then I can hang them.
What am I looking at here?

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was a year and a half since I quit smoking!

I couldn't imagine my life without them before. Now, I can't imagine my life with them.
Congratulations!

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the saw, set it up (needs fine tuning) but ripped a pieced of 1.5" thick poplar like it wasn't even there!
I'm impressed with that saw too. Small and mighty. Seems like it revs so high, it cuts right through.

Anyway second coat on tomorrow an finishing the mud in the retail area. Might even get some more of the trim done around the windows.

Glad to assist although not sure if what little I did was a big help. It was a good start to get involved. I at least got part of my plumbing done at home.
How much of the 5 Gal is left after the first coat?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, what happens when you are working 7 days a week, running a household and trying to open a store?

You miss things that can kill stuff!

I wasn't paying attention to my tank all week. Just feeding and keeping the ATO full.

Yesterday morning, I noticed that the big blue acro frag I got from @Brew12 was RTNing. I couldn't figure out what was up. ALK 8.4 Cal 420 pH 8.2

Today I put my hand in the tank to move something and the water was WARM. I looked and somehow the temp probe for the heater controller got knocked out and was measuring room temperature not the tank!

When I put the probe in the sump and secured it the temp shot up to 87.6! The leathers were shriveled up and the neon GSP was deflated and the blue acro was toast.

The temp is now down to 79.1 and I have done a 5 gallon water change that I was going to do anyway. The leathers look much better and the GSP is back out. I think I may lose the FF digitata and my new Acan I got at the knoxville swap.

So the moral of the story is, don't let anything get in the way of keeping current with maintenance and inspections.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, what happens when you are working 7 days a week, running a household and trying to open a store?

I wasn't paying attention to my tank all week. Just feeding and keeping the ATO full.

Yesterday morning, I noticed that the big blue acro frag I got from @Brew12 was RTNing. I couldn't figure out what was up. ALK 8.4 Cal 420 pH 8.2

Today I put my hand in the tank to move something and the water was WARM. I looked and somehow the temp probe for the heater controller got knocked out and was measuring room temperature not the tank!

When I put the probe in the sump and secured it the temp shot up to 87.6! The leathers were shriveled up and the neon GSP was deflated and the blue acro was toast.

The temp is now down to 79.1 and I have done a 5 gallon water change that I was going to do anyway. The leathers look much better and the GSP is back out. I think I may lose the FF digitata and my new Acan I got at the knoxville swap.

So the moral of the story is, don't let anything get in the way of keeping current with maintenance and inspections.
That's a bummer, man. Sorry to hear that.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can replace the acro and the FF digi. In fact, just tossed about 12 square inches of orange monti and almost tossed 6 frags worth of the FF digi but couldn't bring myself to do it. It really needs cutting back. I also need to cut back around 8 frags worth of a purple staghorn. I need to start collecting trimmings for when I get a calcium reactor. I think that is going to happen sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can replace the acro and the FF digi. In fact, just tossed about 12 square inches of orange monti and almost tossed 6 frags worth of the FF digi but couldn't bring myself to do it. It really needs cutting back. I also need to cut back around 8 frags worth of a purple staghorn. I need to start collecting trimmings for when I get a calcium reactor. I think that is going to happen sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

Sherry says the one that died was purple not blue. LOL!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back