93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am paying the price for pushing it at the store.

I have had arthritis from my shoulders to my fingers since my days of bar knuckle fighting and bouncing. All of the impact driving, sanding and hammer drilling into concrete the last two weeks made my hands hurt so badly last night I didn't sleep and now they are completely numb.

I was an hour and a half late for work and it took 20 minutes to tie my shoes. :(

I have watch the keyboard to type.

I guess I will see the Doc this week.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel that pain brother. The rain today did not help either. Had bad arthritis since I was 16. Ugh. I cannot imagine doing the hard work you are doing.

Thanks man.

I have always pushed through but since last April, pushing through hurts more every time.

We will be open in 11 weeks and the hardest labor will be over. :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too!

That will be the last tanks filled probably.
You still planning a smaller tank for area reefers to "consignment" frags from? I may have to stop cutting and tossing pieces of the purple stags soon!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You still planning a smaller tank for area reefers to "consignment" frags from? I may have to stop cutting and tossing pieces of the purple stags soon!

Yes. It will start as a smaller tank (1/2 height 29) to see how it does. If it is popular enough, I will invest in something larger. It will be lit by a K7 pro II.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something was nagging at me about the coral troughs so I stopped on the way home yesterday and stood and looked at the setup thus far. Then it dawned on me when I looked over at the sketch.

I had planned on leaving 1.5" between the two tanks for wires and power head magnets. Guess what? I built the stand the exact dimensions of the tanks end to end! Doh!

I will have to 3d print or fabricate from acrylic, hangers for the power heads on the center of the setup. Not a neat and tidy solution like I had intended but it will be functional none the less.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am paying the price for pushing it at the store.

I have had arthritis from my shoulders to my fingers since my days of bar knuckle fighting and bouncing. All of the impact driving, sanding and hammer drilling into concrete the last two weeks made my hands hurt so badly last night I didn't sleep and now they are completely numb.

I was an hour and a half late for work and it took 20 minutes to tie my shoes. :(

I have watch the keyboard to type.

I guess I will see the Doc this week.

I thought I heard you saying something but it was tough to make out on top of all the high-pitched whinining. :p;):p

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I heard you saying something but it was tough to make out on top of all the high-pitched whinining. :p;):p

I knew there was something missing from my day. A jack@#$! Thanks bro!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sooo close to painting!

Today we finished the second trough and cut out for the glass in the end of the first one. We also made up all the frames for the 10 gallon floating tanks and half of the frames for the 6.6 gallons. Gotta get more lumber tomorrow.

20191214_164734742_iOS.jpg

20191214_164747754_iOS.jpg

20191214_213742965_iOS.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such a great experience for us to watch. Really love that you share it all.

Appreciate it!

I love what I am doing. It's stressful some days but so worth it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to tell you that @crusso1993 honestly keeps things in perspective for me. Kind of the "kick in the pants" I need to stay motivated.

You may want to tone it down on who helps you with some things. I mean, most know I'm not quite right in the head and admitting that my perspective may be better than your own, well, doesn't paint you in a very good light! ;) :p ;)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got all the frames build and installed for the floating tanks today. Also did some much needed tool maintenance.

Ryan got sick and had to go home so I knocked off a bit early and decided to take it easy.

I got more done this weekend than I thought anyway. ;)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As most of you know, I am an IT administrator. 30 years experience. I should know, understand and properly use technology. Right?

Yesterday, a coworker and I were discussing Alexa whilst I was doing an upgrade on his computer and I was telling him how convenient is was. For instance: There are black friday specials that you can only get by voice ordering. (Showed him the app on my phone) I said "You can say Alexa, order a sandstone echo dot 3" and it will order it.

He was convinced and is going to order up a couple dots.

I put my phone away and went on about my day working in the plant where it's noisy and I didn't hear any alerts until I get in the car to leave and my phone goes nuts as usual. I look down and one notification stands out more than the rest: Your order of Echo Dot has shipped and will arrive tomorrow.

DOH! I had the app open when I gave him an example!

Suffice it to say, the store will now have a shiny new Echo Dot this evening.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lol- we had to turn ours off because our 3 year old ordered a frozen 2 castle and we didn't know until it had shipped. I saw the flashing green ring and just knew something was up

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back