93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowes called and asked if i had a part for a customer

261A6C36-06BC-4AC4-9F2D-106D10E53CF0.jpeg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well gang, it was a fun ride.

As of 5 o'clock tomorrow the governor has shut us down until 4/17. If the SBA doesn't give us the disaster recovery loan (Which I have heard NOTHING from them) we are going to have to shut the doors for good.

I appreciate everyone's words of support and encouragement. It was just very poor timing.

Too much debt for me to pay on my own and pay the bills to keep it going for that long without any sales.

We are having a sale tomorrow. $35 buckets of salt and 25% off everything else.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As of 5 o'clock tomorrow the governor has shut us down until 4/17. If the SBA doesn't give us the disaster recovery loan (Which I have heard NOTHING from them) we are going to have to shut the doors for good.

I appreciate everyone's words of support and encouragement. It was just very poor timing.

Too much debt for me to pay on my own and pay the bills to keep it going for that long without any sales.

Is the city shutting you down? My understanding from this latest release is that if you sell food, be it for people or pets, you can stay open.
This latest order shut down hair salon's, gyms, spa's and entertainment venues.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The local sba says that since we are not a "broad spectrum" pet store and we have one in town we are non-essential.

I called and spoke with the county and they agreed that since Petco, Petsmart and pet depot are open, we are non-essential.

It's $500 a transaction fine so it's not worth the risk to push this too far and test the waters.

Evidently, the list isn't all encompassing and they are encouraging everyone to contact the sba and find out for sure what their status is. Pretty much all of downtown Hartselle will close at 5 tomorrow and, I fear, not reopen.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Really sad and upset for you. Hopefully, you'll get good news about the disaster recovery loan soon. Perhaps they were waiting to see what happened with the stimulus package that just passed.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sad and upset for you. Hopefully, you'll get good news about the disaster recovery loan soon. Perhaps they were waiting to see what happened with the stimulus package that just passed.

Thanks brother. Hopefully so.

I found out aquariums shops in a couple other states are being shut down as well. N. Carolina for one. High Tide just posted about it.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you talked to your landlord about differed rent until things improve? If you were my renter I would give you free rent until after the lock down.

Watch out for the SBA loans since you are not a minority business owner. My friends dodged that requirement by having their wives own the. business...instant minority business. Unfortunately the rescue package won't help you since it requires a look back period to establish lost sales.

I am so sorry this is headed this way! I am still pulling for you and your dream. By the way hard opens for aquarium stores do better in early fall. Spring and summer seem to slump sales due to outdoor activities and travel.

I am hopeful of another work around. You should talk to @vetteguy53081 maybe he has some thoughts. Seems like he owned a store for many years.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back