93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diet sodas are just die with a "t" added. The sodium levels are off the charts and more dangerous to your health than the sugars in regular soda! Really, my brother was a big consumer of diet Coke and he had stones followed by some serious health issues until he got off the soda completely due to doctors orders!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diet sodas are just die with a "t" added. The sodium levels are off the charts and more dangerous to your health than the sugars in regular soda! Really, my brother was a big consumer of diet Coke and he had stones followed by some serious health issues until he got off the soda completely due to doctors orders!

Mine were caused by diet pepsi. I haven't had a soda of any variety in almost 3 years since my first stones. The effects of them can take up to 7 years to wear off and, in extreme cases, 11 years.

Luckily for me, I have messed up pain receptors so I only feel about 1/10th of the pain from them that most would.

I can have stitches without a local and the stones actually hurt.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question @dantimdad
Whats your verdict on the Noopsyche? Would you recommend for a mix or even a sps only tank?

Absolutely love them. Once you get the controller down they are a breeze. I am running 240 mixed reef, 8 foot dia shark pool, 12 foot planted tank and a 7 foot long frag tank on them. Soon to be two 30*30 frag tanks as well.

great growth, ripple and coverage.

Oh and the 93 cube as been converted to an acei low light tank and has one on it.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a great picture but you can see this growth on top where I cut the big piece off for your grand opening. It’s over 1” tall and branching.
C94E250C-D8FB-4155-8A11-A38FC2D7E6E0.jpeg

I’m guessing you are tired of purple stags by now, so I’ll probably recycle this piece
2D2B864A-53A9-4FBB-8A8F-EDCB40BA638D.jpeg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I planted a mangrove in the middle of the shark pool. It had two leaves on it Friday.

IMG_5935.JPG

That is a far away shot today and here is a close up:

IMG_5958.JPG

Look at the growth! I spray the leaves clean every day at least once. This is necessary to keep the salt excretion washed away.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Brew12 ! How about the polyp extension on this one?

IMG_5951.JPG

Hiya folks!

IMG_5961.JPG

What is this one?

IMG_5967.JPG

We honestly thought it was dead and all of a sudden it has polyps on it .
The purple slimer looks great!
Not sure what this other one is, it may not have come from me.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its an encrusting monti of some sort. Time will tell
Definitely possible. It should be easier to tell once it colors up and starts growing a little.

Of course, the blue coral I cut to bring you decided it wanted to take a nap on my Trachy. I know they are squishy comfy but really Ugh...
Trachy.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in too long.

Things are busy with projects. Sales are no where close to where they need to be but, I understand from other small business folks, it's problem we are all having.

I will take some pics of the display tanks this evening and post them.

The 240 reef is looking incredible. We have a bunch of new fish in it as well.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something happened at the store today that has made me see that it's the simple gestures I need to pay attention to. That no matter what I see or read or hear, the world can be pure and good. I just have to stop and pay attention.

I sort of hired (long story) a guy that wanted to learn about aquariums. He is a single dad and works his tail off at two jobs but happens to have Wednesdays off and wanted to help by receiving fish and cleaning the store.

He has been doing really well. I, on the other hand, have been letting things get me down about business and the insanity we are living through right now and have been in a rotten mood.

So today, he is working at the store, receiving saltwater fish and asking questions via text and photos. He is also cleaning the store and his mom showed up to help him. Why? Because she appreciates that I am letting her son do something he loves and teaching him. WHAT?! LETTING?! This guy is giving up his time for the store and is doing so just for some credit and the learning experience. I am priviledged he is there. His mother is a retired teacher. I just formerly met her Saturday and instantly loved her. You are sent people into your life for a reason. Don't ignore it.

Long story short, I am humbled again by what can happen even when things seem bleak and your heart is troubled. Just stop, take a breath and wait a minute. What your heart needs will show itself.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a great picture but you can see this growth on top where I cut the big piece off for your grand opening. It’s over 1” tall and branching.
C94E250C-D8FB-4155-8A11-A38FC2D7E6E0.jpeg

I’m guessing you are tired of purple stags by now, so I’ll probably recycle this piece
2D2B864A-53A9-4FBB-8A8F-EDCB40BA638D.jpeg
What are the zoas?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back