98 alarms since midnight to 8 am WHAT?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GOOD MORNING ALL.
I have woke to 98 alarms on my apex that are coming from one of my DDR sensors. I find this odd because the container's sensor is covered by AB+. When I set up my cold dosing using this DDR. I wondered about how much fluid would be required before the sensor tripped; given the fact that it is a raised sensor.

1625748124680.png

Capture 4.JPG
Capture1.JPG

This past Monday I added 500ml of AB+ in the side that's tripping (150ope/150amo) I set the starting dose amount at 10 ml daily to be dosed at 21:00-21:04. So over three days, I have only dosed 30 ml. Will adding more fluid stop this switch from going off? I mean 500ml is still a lot and the sensor is covered. seem like one could get more time before the alarm trips. or is it tipping in error?

secondly, I have noticed that I have to keep revising the DDR container levels. the starting levels for both sides were -----150TE at 800ml, and 150AMO(150OPE sensor) was set at 500ml. ----------so why over the past three days have these levels rose according to my dashboard? when the DDR runs in reverse it adds air in the form of bubbles to the container when clearing the line is ongoing, could these bubbles be the issue? but this bubbling happens only at 21:00, not 00:00 when the alarms are going off.

again I have had 98 alarms go off since midnight until now (8 am) on the 150amo side and the optic sensor is covered with AB+. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Clean sensor and you may have to tweak numbers

@SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll address three things here:

1. The faulty sensor readings could be caused by the bubbles you mentioned, the sensor could be dirty, or the sensor could be failing.

2. Notice the Alarm ON and Alarm OFF messages are only a few seconds apart. You can avoid alarm notifications when a sensor is toggling it on and off rapidly by utilizing a virtual output with a Defer timer to only send an alarm if the sensor has maintained a steady reading for a period of time:

[Low_150ope] -- virtual output
Set OFF
If 150ope OPEN Then ON
Defer 001:00 Then ON

[EmailAlm]
Set OFF
If Output Low_150ope = ON Then ON

If you're not familiar with virtual outputs, see my tutorial for details:

3. The volume remaining in the DDR shown on your dashboard is calculated by the DOS activity. Since you are running it in reverse after each dose, that action is telling the DDR that liquid is being added back into the reservoir, so it will show the volume increasing. The DOS has no way to distinguish if you're pumping liquid or you're pumping air. This is just a software design issue you'll have to live with.

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok update i have since cleaned the sensor and added more liquid to the DDR container now it sits at 100ml full and the alarm is still going off (phone notification). I'm up to 3,250 since midnight. WOW LOL.

I had no problems out of this optic sensor when it was filled with alk solution, under my 220 but once i installed it inside my mini-fridge, for live food dosing it seems to have gone wild could the cold be affecting it? it's only on that I have a problem with not both.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey OP hope you don't mind if I just tag in here with something real quick for @SuncrestReef

One of my leak detect sensors is tripping out. I know it is dry and on a new sheet of paper towel. It does OK for a while and then keeps opening/closing seconds apart, over and over.

This is a bank build install, so wondering if there is any way for me to remotely disable that ONE (of four) sensor? I know I can just unplug it, but kind of a drag.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey OP hope you don't mind if I just tag in here with something real quick for @SuncrestReef

One of my leak detect sensors is tripping out. I know it is dry and on a new sheet of paper towel. It does OK for a while and then keeps opening/closing seconds apart, over and over.

This is a bank build install, so wondering if there is any way for me to remotely disable that ONE (of four) sensor? I know I can just unplug it, but kind of a drag.
If you just want it to stop sending alerts, simply remove that line of code from your EmaiAlm output program. If you want it to send alerts, but protect against rapid open/closed readings, use the virtual output with Defer method I described above in post #3.

When you have a chance to troubleshoot it in person, verify the sensor plug is firmly seated in the FMM socket. Sometimes one more little push will cause it to click fully into place.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just want it to stop sending alerts, simply remove that line of code from your EmaiAlm output program. If you want it to send alerts, but protect against rapid open/closed readings, use the virtual output with Defer method I described above in post #3.

When you have a chance to troubleshoot it in person, verify the sensor plug is firmly seated in the FMM socket. Sometimes one more little push will cause it to click fully into place.
I will stop at a sincere "thank you!". Otherwise, it gets a little too mushy.

I did do something a little different in the interim. I went through Tasks, and changed the setting for the 4th sensor output to NOT alarm. Will know soon if that worked. It is just temporary till Monday. All the conditional pumps (returns X2 and Skimmer) are set now to stay ON come heck or high water. Until Monday. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back