99% elimination of dino or 100%?

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the slightly amount of dino in my tank. basically i have a abs board on teh bottom of my tank, but its not perfectly sized so there's like a 1/16" gap along the front of the tank. This gap basically has very little flow so i get a very slight amount of dino growth in there. Should I be going nuts to completely eliminate ALL dino or is just a slight amount fine?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't think you can totally ever erradicate dinos from the tank. They will always be there and ready to rise up if conditions are ripe for them.

I wouldn't worry about stressing too remove a small patch. But, you can always try to siphon add many as possible through a 1-10 micron sock to help reduce their numbers.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, did you remove any rock, sand, or biomedia recently?

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, system hasn't really been touched much lately.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't think you can totally ever erradicate dinos from the tank. They will always be there and ready to rise up if conditions are ripe for them.

I wouldn't worry about stressing too remove a small patch. But, you can always try to siphon add many as possible through a 1-10 micron sock to help reduce their numbers.
+1^
This is my experience as well. If I let the glass dirty up a little and put a scrape under the 'scope I can always find a few little ostreos running around. And I keep >10 NO3 and >.1 PO4 generally.

If my feeding gets too lazy and nutrients drop in half or so, I will visibly see some trying to make a run. I just hang a UV for a week and dump in a bucket of chum every day and they fall back.

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont even worry about that little bit that's left in the tank anymore. unless you're looking at it from the side planes you don't even see it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back