A Bitter Sweet Goodbye and Questions on How to Sell Fish

BigRed78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to start this off without you guys I would never have gotten this far in the hobby. I would like to thank you all for the knowledge you have provided me. Without that my reefing career would have never made it this far. Unfortunately, it seems like my reefing career might need to take a break in the near future. I currently live with my parents in Northern NJ. It seems as though my whole family (close and extended) will be moving relatively soon. I have also come to the conclusion that I do no longer wish to live in this state for various reasons. My plan is to move within the year. The closest state in mind would be Virginia. This seems much too far both practically and ethically to move my livestock too. Currently I have a 100 gallon reef tank. The current livestock my friends do not want would be a juvenile harliqin tusk, a bluethroat trigger, a blue spotted puffer, a cigar wrasse, a one spot foxface and a two foot long snowflake eel. I am very sad to see these go but I do not want them to suffer or die moving over 600 miles. Even if they would survive I don't really want to set up a hundred gallon reef tank in an apartment. Originally I was going to completely give up reef keeping for a while but my girlfriend convinced me to set up a ten gallon and keep the pair of clownfish I have, This would seem like it is much easier to transport and care for in an apartment setting. The main part of this post was to thank you guys and explain my break from the hobby. This is only temporary I have plans for when I finally move into a house I own. My final question for now is how do I set up my tank so I can sell my livestock. My plan was to move as much rock as I can to the sump so I can catch the fish easier but does anyone else have more ideas on how to do this more effectively? I will be posting a for sale thread soon all those fish are up for grabs but I am unsure if I am willing to sell the tank or equipment yet. If anyone wants anything send me a private message and I will consider you first. I would like to thank you all again! Sincerely, John

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly you should dig deeper into moving your whole system. Theres a ton of threads here about people doing crazy to not so crazy moves.

If not, Id create a for sale thread with decent to good pictures and you should be able to sell them on r2r

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back