A BOLD SKIMMER DESERVES A BOLD PROMO:THE NEW DELTEC SCA1351

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This little thing is amazing, With the new SCA1351 Deltec has done it once again! Marrying performance, style and efficiency, this is a perfect machine.

Ideal for a 75, 90, or 120 gal, the SCA1351 will outperform every single skimmer in its class.

Here's the new promo! PM me for details, or ask here:)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So you don't sell 1350 anymore, only 1351 with Jebao pump?

Hi there, well sort of and nope not quite.

This is a brand new model called the SCA 1351 and has the same AC pump as the old 1350. It's basically a 1351 body with an AC pump:) That make sense?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi there,

thanks for asking,

This skimmer available right now and is on my site. I just need to update the pic. There are two links in the original post highlighted in blue that will take you right there there.

So what they really did is refined the design a bit. The original 1350 had a sort of "flimsier" (for lack of a better word) look to it without drain plumbing, and a simple gate on the side of the body for adjustments. The new model closer resembles the DC powered sc1351 that was released a while after the original 1350. If you're following me lol. I swear I'm not trying to confuse anyone. Essentially they updated the SC1350, which was an AC driven skimmer to the same look and design of the SC1351 which is the DC version, and thus we have the SCA1351.

You can still see the old 1350 if you follow the link. https://battlecorals.com/products/sc1350

And here is a link to the Sc 1351 which again is the DC version https://battlecorals.com/products/sc1351

Now why is it better?

I'll do my best to articulate this one, and try not to sound too much like commercial or ramble on. I'm going to borrow some info from stuff I've written previously on the subject as well, but one thing that really sets Deltec apart from the competition is air. And lots of it. Deltec pumps produce a tremendous amount of air, which is the single most important factor in effective and efficient skimming.

However a very close second, is strict attention to matching of all that air and pump and pinwheel size, to the actual size of the skimmer body and neck diameter. These are specifics that will greatly affect performance. When pumps are not properly matched you will loose efficiency, and performance will suffer as well. All of these metrics are carefully measured and matched. And by that I mean they don't just slap a pump on a tube and call it a skimmer. Deltec has gone even farther by designing their own pump and needle wheel impellers, to match specific skimmer models perfectly. Something no other skimmer manufacturer has done too this extent.

Deltec's are designed to allow for, and utilize the maximum amount of air and water through each specific size. And the design is so efficient that dwell time isn't a concern anymore, So Deltec's don't recirculate anymore either. Those extra tiny bubbles attract all the dissolved organics they'll pick up within an instant of entering the water. From Deltec, "The air to water ratio is so high, that there is almost immediate reaction with the waste, therefore there is no requirement for the tall reaction chambers found on other low air skimmers, thus keeping the units compact. The new Deltec pumps also include innovative bearing design. The top shaft bearing now sits under the needle wheel itself thus optimizing the suction side of the pump."

Ultimately its hard to really explain to a sceptic how these things skim so well without sounding like an over excited salesman, but as I'm sure all of my new customers can attest to, they just do. You have to see it to believe it. Sounds corny I know but its true.

Please let me know if i can answer any other questions at all and I'll do my very best.

Last edited:

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many times does your wife have to tell you "No skimmers in my kitchen"

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back