A clown, damsel and dottyback swim into a nano

carnthetiges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love some advice on a fish combination.
I've currently got a clown and a royal dottyback in a 15g.
They mostly get along with the dottyback giving the clown an occasional charge down.

Would love to add one more small fish, but fear the dottyback will bully any new addition.
I was thinking a maybe chrysiptera damsel as they're supposedly a little more relaxed but could still fend for themselves - maybe an Azure.

Am i playing with fire trying to get a 3rd in with these two?
Cheers

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would love some advice on a fish combination.
I've currently got a clown and a royal dottyback in a 15g.
They mostly get along with the dottyback giving the clown an occasional charge down.

Would love to add one more small fish, but fear the dottyback will bully any new addition.
I was thinking a maybe chrysiptera damsel as they're supposedly a little more relaxed but could still fend for themselves - maybe an Azure.

Am i playing with fire trying to get a 3rd in with these two?
Cheers
imo yes

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m by no means an expert on this and have never had a dottyback. But maybe get a goby that sits on the bottom or something. A fish that won’t live in the same area of the tank as the dottyback might be the best way to limit fighting. Not saying it will work. But a thought if you’re gonna try something it might increase the odds.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back