OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Package from @uniquecorals arrived today! Everything looked amazing, I forgot to take photos unpacking.

The SPS are already showing polyp extension, the frogspawn took a bit to open but the color is amazing. :oops: I love it.

The 2 heads of LSOH also went in the tank today. The color is so bright :)

Photos coming Tuesday after they settle in.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gwoeufjalsdkf.f

Today I learned a VERY important lesson to turn off my pumps when adding in new inverts.
I got a Randall's pistol shrimp from my LFS (special order), and it was p small like <1inch long. My dumb self just dumped it in and it immediately flew to the powerhead and had one of its arms ripped off.

I immediately turned off all the pumps, and said shrimp is now hiding under a safe rock. I cant imagine how stressed it is right now :( And I feel terrible that my lack of thought cause it unnecessary harm.

Hoping the little buddy pulls through and regrows his claw. UGHHHHHHHHHH

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gwoeufjalsdkf.f

Today I learned a VERY important lesson to turn off my pumps when adding in new inverts.
I got a Randall's pistol shrimp from my LFS (special order), and it was p small like <1inch long. My dumb self just dumped it in and it immediately flew to the powerhead and had one of its arms ripped off.

I immediately turned off all the pumps, and said shrimp is now hiding under a safe rock. I cant imagine how stressed it is right now :( And I feel terrible that my lack of thought cause it unnecessary harm.

Hoping the little buddy pulls through and regrows his claw. UGHHHHHHHHHH

Poor little guy. The good news is that they absolutely can regrow a missing claw. My tiger lost his snapping claw a little while back and curiously enough, the non-snapping claw transformed into a snapping claw and the missing claw grew back as a regular claw. He recovered surprisingly fast (a matter of weeks). I guess having a good snapper is top priority! Best of luck, the Randall's pistol shrimp is a really cool invert.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor little guy. The good news is that they absolutely can regrow a missing claw. My tiger lost his snapping claw a little while back and curiously enough, the non-snapping claw transformed into a snapping claw and the missing claw grew back as a regular claw. He recovered surprisingly fast (a matter of weeks). I guess having a good snapper is top priority! Best of luck, the Randall's pistol shrimp is a really cool invert.

I didn’t know the nonsnapping changed into the snapping one. When I tried to google, some of the posts weren’t very clear. But this is very reassuring information.

hopefully my guy makes it. Flying into the powerhead is pretty traumatic stuff

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got cancelled for my hospital shift today, so slept in some. :D

Went to check the rock the pistol shrimp was under, and all the sand had been moved, so I think he's been busy over night. Hopefully the yasha finds him soon! The yasha goby has been in the far opposite corner of the tank, and pretty much has not attempted to explore. I know they're pretty shy though and it can sometimes take a couple weeks. Fingers crossed.

Also traded in my pygmy yellowtailed angel for a bangaii cardinal yesterday. Tank is v calm now. I love how the bangaii moves.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got cancelled for my hospital shift today, so slept in some. :D

Went to check the rock the pistol shrimp was under, and all the sand had been moved, so I think he's been busy over night. Hopefully the yasha finds him soon! The yasha goby has been in the far opposite corner of the tank, and pretty much has not attempted to explore. I know they're pretty shy though and it can sometimes take a couple weeks. Fingers crossed.

Also traded in my pygmy yellowtailed angel for a bangaii cardinal yesterday. Tank is v calm now. I love how the bangaii moves.
Tank is coming together!! Fts

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
775400A8-502B-457C-B219-0FA8D7A4F708.jpeg

Heavy breathing yall

it looks amazing even with no orange camera

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling it won’t. The foot is already bubbling, getting ready to move LOL

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go where they please lol I’m thinking of just using tube anemones again in the cups , it’s the only one that has stayed haha be sure all ye pumps are protected

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go where they please lol I’m thinking of just using tube anemones again in the cups , it’s the only one that has stayed haha be sure all ye pumps are protected
Yea! I have covers on them, and they’re actually off right now while the nem gets settled in. Will turn them on in a couple hours I think.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been super busy with work and driving out to see my husband.
Sorry no new photos, since I just got back to the apartment and have to finish laundry.

But, anemone is still doing really well. It moved out of the cup and is slowly coming out of the rock hole it was partially in.

Something ticked off my LSOH zoas, and they've been closed since I got home. Not sure how to get them to open back up.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did like a major clean in the tank today, scraped off all the walls and the back of algae. Made a huge mess, did a 33% water change today, will probably do another 25% in 2 days to get some more crap out.

Corals are super happy, nem is super happy.

LSOH very angry and closed up. I was gone for 3 days to see my husband, and either a snail or my conch had flipped it over. It's been like 2 days and it still hasn't opened back up. Fingers crossed it opens up soon.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E31F4C5C-CD4C-4A4C-BFA9-1F40F1945DE6.jpeg

Progress photo. Tank getting ready for bed time with the lights ramping down.
Nem still doing well :)) one of my favorite things to watch.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
79FD8968-BE27-4EF0-81AD-59C0E0E1B772.jpeg

Dirty glass, I’m sorry! Been busy with work, in the midst of applying to different places to try and get out before covid gets even worse in my area. :(

this is my first time seeing them together! I was unsure the shrimp was even still alive, but it was a nice sight to see. I even saw the yasha flaring at a snail that got too close to their cave. Ope.

Shrimp is still very small, under 1 inch still but looking bigger than last time :)

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.5%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back