OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random, but I spoke with my husband.
We will most likely move into a house for our next move. Which could happen anywhere between 1-6 years from now depending on how match goes.

If we move, I was thinking of an upgrade to a Cade PR S2 900 or 1200. It would be between 85g or 114g display.

So I gotta work hard to grow out my corals over the next couple years so that I can frag them for the future move. :p

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a couple goodies from TSA. But they won't arrive until Jan 5th.

Hopefully husband won't notice. LOL

SB2.C9.120921S-1.jpg
RF.B7B.120921S-1.jpg
RF.E6A.120921S-1.jpg

The rock flowers I'm a little nervous about because I have a feeling they'll look a bit different under my kessil lights. :s

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a couple goodies from TSA. But they won't arrive until Jan 5th.

Hopefully husband won't notice. LOL

SB2.C9.120921S-1.jpg
RF.B7B.120921S-1.jpg
RF.E6A.120921S-1.jpg

The rock flowers I'm a little nervous about because I have a feeling they'll look a bit different under my kessil lights. :s
Sneaky sneaky…How do your new corals look?

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 month update time!
Just added a leather toadstool. Waiting for it to open up, and I also picked up a biota mandarin. :) Verified with my own eyes that the cutie takes tdo pellets. It is very small! Like smaller than a penny. I thought people were exaggerating how small they were, but they were not.

I also picked up a ruby mithrax to help with algae a little bit. Coralline algae is picking up in the tank! :)

Still struggling with SPS (moni caps), maybe I need to test water more frequently? I've been a little relaxed with my water change schedule due to prepping for grad school.

Aside from that......... I really want to add a carpet nem but I feel like it might grow too quickly? My LFS has a 40-50g display with 2 carpets that haven't grown much but maybe I'm being too ambitious?

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troubleshooting tip:

If your hanna salinity pen fails to calibrate 3-5 different satchets and keeps getting error... the issue might be the battery.

I found that out the hard way after some googling. I never thought it was the battery because the battery percentage was still showing 90-95%.

I knew things were wonky when all of a sudden while mixing salt water it kept saying the specific gravity was 1.013 or 1.00 instead of 1.033 when I was trying to dilute it.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank doing great. Slow growth on the corals though.
I've been relaxed on water changes, maybe that's why lol.
Will probably take a photo later but nothing has really changed except some more coralline growth.

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troubleshooting tip:

If your hanna salinity pen fails to calibrate 3-5 different satchets and keeps getting error... the issue might be the battery.

I found that out the hard way after some googling. I never thought it was the battery because the battery percentage was still showing 90-95%.

I knew things were wonky when all of a sudden while mixing salt water it kept saying the specific gravity was 1.013 or 1.00 instead of 1.033 when I was trying to dilute it.
Lol, I didn’t know that. I did a little googling but ended up buying a brand new one. I’ll try to replace the battery on my old one and test it out next time. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back