S

Smokeshow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Did a little reshape during the water change today. Also drilled some hols in some of the rocks for better coral frag placement as the power heads kept knocking the frags into the sand. I've also been battling high nitrates. On my red sea nitrate test it turns strait purple. I've done 3 32gallon water changes over the last 5 days and I've barely fed the tank since I started. Only have the 2 clowns, 4 green chromis 2 turbo snails and the sand sifting star. In the pic I took 1ml of tank water and mixed in 16ml of rodi water. I've also been dosing 10ml of reef biofuel. Ammonia and nitrites are both 0. I do have some chaeto but I think my light is killing it. I ended up moving it to the side of the sump and moved the cheato to the other side. On the old setup I had the same light sitting on the top of the sump and would pull bucket fulls of chaeto out each week.

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
OP
S

Smokeshow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Found my hanna phosphorus ulr checker. And the results are not so good. 178ppb or .54ppm. Added some phosguard to help lower the phosphate. And ordered a hanna nitrate hr checker that should get here on Thursday. I'm already out of salt so gonna have to order some more and do another 30gal water change

OP
S

Smokeshow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The seneye reef monitor came in. The display lights were already off when I got home. Tested the refugium. A good solid 50 par covering the entire spectrum. Plugged in the old fug light and got 275 with 450-700nm wave length. The cheato was turning white and dying. So I put a 36" led light that I had for an old fish tank a few days ago. It's already starting to look better.

Tidal Gardens
OP
S

Smokeshow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Did another 30gal water change. Got nitrates to 36.8ppm and the phosphate to .08. Started working on a mixing station. It's going into a spare room on the main floor. Will have about a 30ft horizontal run so I can use pretty much any pump. Looking at the danner 24 mag drive with a smart outlet so I can turn it on/off from my phone.

AquaCave

How do you take care of your tank after the storm? As the electricity and WiFi come back on, how do you get your tank back to normalcy?

• Water change

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Check all equipment and service as needed

Votes: 90 74.4%
  • Check parameters and make adjustments

Votes: 66 54.5%
  • Feed fish and corals

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • Other (please explain in discussion thread)

Votes: 13 10.7%
Reef Labs ICP Water Test by Reef Labs Inc.