A few pics from my Nano (25G)

SilentSloth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a few good pics recently after finally getting most of my algae out.

Used a panasonic Lumix I got from Costco a few years ago. 100 iso and 3.3 stops and some adobe lightroom to help with tank colors.

Reef hq-10.jpg Reef hq-11.jpg Reef hq-12.jpg Reef hq-13.jpg Reef hq-14.jpg Reef hq-15.jpg Reef hq-16.jpg Reef hq-17.jpg Reef hq-18.jpg Reef hq-19.jpg Reef hq-20.jpg Reef hq-21.jpg Reef hq-22.jpg Reef hq-23.jpg Reef hq-24.jpg

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
Nice pictures and beautiful animals :) If you are using lr: you might wanna try to set a custom white balance for your pictures. It makes a heck of a difference. When I shoot pictures of my tank i pretty much always do a custom whitebalance of my camera for the current lighting before taking pictures. I dunno if your camera supports it as well, but lr sure does offer that functionality.
Give it a try if you havent yet :)
Happy shooting

OP
OP
SilentSloth

SilentSloth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
Nice pictures and beautiful animals :) If you are using lr: you might wanna try to set a custom white balance for your pictures. It makes a heck of a difference. When I shoot pictures of my tank i pretty much always do a custom whitebalance of my camera for the current lighting before taking pictures. I dunno if your camera supports it as well, but lr sure does offer that functionality.
Give it a try if you havent yet :)
Happy shooting

yeah actually the day after these I started using the manual white balance on the camera. You are so correct. Just took a picture of the white sand under the blue lights and used it to calibrate it. I'll Upload some pics in a while. Trying to get a wanna-be time-laps of some growth.

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool! most of the time i use a piece of paper where i defocus on. (making a very blurry image with manual focus)
Those seem to work best for me. If i don`t have an envelope / sheet of paper around i sometimes use the white wall behind the tank instead. but thats not "as good"
Looking forward to see more pictures from you :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back