A few pictures of my 400g reef

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I"m glad, I saw your thread and felt really bad for you. I have an article about treating with Flatworm eXit on my site, but you may have already read it by now. I think you should rebuild. :)

Thanks and I will!

I read your article a while back when I removed flatworms from my previous tank several years back (150G). I even have a contraption much like the one you have with the small tubing/net. I just got overconfident and thought I had a lot of them and never realized how many where in the cracks of the rocks I couldn't see. Disasters aside, the one good thing about this hobby is that it's never stale and you're always learning...unfortunately often times from mistakes! Seeing this thread is proof the payoff is so good. I need a blooming tank in my life to relieve the stress from my work days...can't wait to get back at it.

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks and I will!

I read your article a while back when I removed flatworms from my previous tank several years back (150G). I even have a contraption much like the one you have with the small tubing/net. I just got overconfident and thought I had a lot of them and never realized how many where in the cracks of the rocks I couldn't see. Disasters aside, the one good thing about this hobby is that it's never stale and you're always learning...unfortunately often times from mistakes! Seeing this thread is proof the payoff is so good. I need a blooming tank in my life to relieve the stress from my work days...can't wait to get back at it.

I've been working on an important part of my business recently, getting a CNC machine installed properly and learning how to operate it. I've been working with power tools for years, but this takes things to a whole new level. Yet, I couldn't feel more stressed each time I turn it on because I keep expecting something to go wrong. Hopefully a month from now, it will be far easier to run and my stress level will drop accordingly.

My reef bugs me, but overall it's a good healthy tank. I have to make some big changes because of all the colonies near the surface right now, and that will affect the overall look in a drastic way. Hopefully it'll go well.

Good luck on your rebuild.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been awhile since I updated this thread, so here's a very quick video I shared of the anemone that decided to levitate yesterday.

ALways love the updates even if it's a short one!

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a few pictures?

400g-fts-4-10-17.jpg

angled-fts-4-10-17.jpg

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look great Marc! I lost track of my workout staring at your pics!

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply Gorgeous. Still have all 8 skunk clowns? I see the anemone is back to where it should be[emoji6]

redsea01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning as usual! Totally love your White Tail Bristletooth Tang! I recently got a Blonde Naso...it's still young and am not sure of its sex, but I hope it ends up being as awesome looking as yours!

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Good luck with your new Naso.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love following your build, sir! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back