A few pictures of my 400g reef

U

User1

View Badges
The nems look gorgeous! I was talking with Tullio the other day and he mentioned you used the live rock enhance and really seemed to like it. Just wondering, if you are still using it, if you noticed any long term pros or cons with it? It sounds like a great product and I’d like to give it a try.

I was watching a video / stream replay oddly enough last night when this question was mentioned. He said it went through all of the plumbed systems and no adverse effects. I think maybe he said one coral reacted but was fine. I forget how many doses so may not answer the long term question. Seems like a few of these products coming out now and not sure who was first or if it matters.

It is interesting now looking back after that first anemone you introduce. It is nice, pretty, the sun rises and sets on the glorious beautiful creature. Then one day you wake up and with surprise you now have two! Oh my you say, this is wonderful. As time goes by (similar to the update :) you have been busy by your last stream) two become three, three is a odd number so you later have four. Four, six, eight, and you now end up with a tank like this :) Beautiful as it may be, and it is, said anemone is now on pest proportions similar to Xenia :D I do not believe I have as many as you but I'm at 11 now over the course of 7 years. I have rose bubble tips and was going to introduce a green flavor then decided not to. Still may but - have to think on this a bit.

Nice update(s) both here and on the stream - been catching replays here and there.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where has the time gone? Well, clearly I've been AWOL from this thread. So here's a few pictures that David liked and wanted me to post. These are of the 60 Anemone Cube, which is plumbed into the 400g reef. All were shot at the same time, when the tank was in full blue mode and I had the PolypLab Coral View lens affixed to my iPhone Xs.

These are all Bubble Tip Anemones.

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8473.jpg

IMG_8475.jpg

IMG_8480.jpg
Beautiful nems, bro! I really enjoy following your tank!

Francesca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it's about time I share my reef with you Reef2Reefers. :smile:

I have a 400g Starphire tank set up with a 60g anemone cube to its right. The 400g is a reboot. I started it up in Feb 2011 and a year later it leaked. It took 18 months to get it replaced, and now I'm going again. These pictures were taken on the 2 month anniversary of moving the livestock into their new homes.

The 400g is 84 x 36 x 30 with an external overflow box. The 60g cube is 24 x 24 x 24 with an internal overflow box. Both are plumbed into a common sump.

fts-010614.jpg

lps-zone.jpg

reefshot-vertical.jpg

spock-turning.jpg

red-planet-0110.jpg

staghorn-newest-growth.jpg

melanurus-wrasse.jpg

middle-reflection.jpg

eot-no-flow.jpg

blastos-0110.jpg

60g-rbta-tentacles.jpg

60g-topdown.jpg

Francesca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a 400g Starphire tank set up with a 60g anemone cube to its right. The 400g is a reboot. I started it up in Feb 2011 and a year later it leaked. It took 18 months to get it replaced, and now I'm going again. These pictures were taken on the 2 month anniversary of moving the livestock into their new homes.

The 400g is 84 x 36 x 30 with an external overflow box. The 60g cube is 24 x 24 x 24 with an internal overflow box. Both are plumbed into a common sump. The reef is looking lovely :)

fts-010614.jpg

lps-zone.jpg

reefshot-vertical.jpg

spock-turning.jpg

red-planet-0110.jpg

melanurus-wrasse.jpg

middle-reflection.jpg

eot-no-flow.jpg

blastos-0110.jpg

60g-rbta-tentacles.jpg

60g-topdown.jpg

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I took a few pictures with my DSLR. All of these were shot through a top down photo box, but the flow was on. Next time, I'll have to stop the pumps to avoid minor vibrations that affect the focus.

anacropora-td.jpg

blue-orange-zoas-td.jpg

blue-tort-td.jpg

dreamcatcher-acro-polyps-td.jpg

drews-acro-td.jpg

limer-td.jpg

maze-td.jpg

orange-pink-milli-td.jpg

psammacora-td.jpg

tongiue-td.jpg

turbo-lepto-td.jpg

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big update. On Thursday night, the sump that I built for the 400g back in 2010 was removed and replaced with a brand new one, with some nice improvements. I also replaced the 9-year old top off reservoir at the same time, and changed most of my plumbing too. It's gorgeous, quiet, and better.

This video shows part of the breakdown and then goes into the features of the new sump, including the modular sock box and Trident shelf.

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank. I love it ! and also that i saw a naso yellow’s and a purple Tang nice nice. Ive also got a naso a hippo a yellow a clown and a gem tang in my 225 and they seem to be happy as well but the hippo tries to be the boss now LOL That all started when I removed my purple what had an appetite for my Akon’s.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
impressive.gif

Lorenzo Angotti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The 400g is 84 x 36 x 30 with an external overflow box. The 60g cube is 24 x 24 x 24 with an internal overflow box. Both are plumbed into a common sump.

fts-010614.jpg

lps-zone.jpg

reefshot-vertical.jpg

spock-turning.jpg

red-planet-0110.jpg

melanurus-wrasse.jpg

middle-reflection.jpg

eot-no-flow.jpg

blastos-0110.jpg

60g-rbta-tentacles.jpg

60g-topdown.jpg

Beautiful

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marc builds gorgeous sumps, they are total eye candy. He is so very knowledgeable, I really hope that he writes a book one day. But he is so busy, make that bag Marc$$$

Back