A few pre-sale questions

gdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying a 180cm tank and was thinking to get all the equipment from maxspect.
lighting -skimmer- return pump- wavemakers - wifi dongle
  1. I loved the versatility of the recurve, but I am not sure it is right for me- lengthwise . You show how it lights a 180 tank , and it is relatively ok, but you say it is only upto 150. Is it an issue of short fixtures? is it another problem? do you have a solution?
  2. I want to connect all these to the ICv6, can it handle all these? lights, 2 wavemakers, pump and skimmer ?
  3. Will I be able to control them from offsite? Before I saw how good your wavemakers were I was looking at red sea.... and they can be controlled by far.
  4. I see that there is no maxspect battery for these, have I missed something?
I am also deciding between a waterbox and a red sea... if you have pointers I would be glad to hear them , models etc...

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying a 180cm tank and was thinking to get all the equipment from maxspect.
lighting -skimmer- return pump- wavemakers - wifi dongle
  1. I loved the versatility of the recurve, but I am not sure it is right for me- lengthwise . You show how it lights a 180 tank , and it is relatively ok, but you say it is only upto 150. Is it an issue of short fixtures? is it another problem? do you have a solution?
  2. I want to connect all these to the ICv6, can it handle all these? lights, 2 wavemakers, pump and skimmer ?
  3. Will I be able to control them from offsite? Before I saw how good your wavemakers were I was looking at red sea.... and they can be controlled by far.
  4. I see that there is no maxspect battery for these, have I missed something?
I am also deciding between a waterbox and a red sea... if you have pointers I would be glad to hear them , models etc...
Hi, thanks for your support.

Answer: Regarding the living creature issues, we could not provide detailed suggestions. We could only advise you to check the PAR data on our website and put the living creatures in proper locations, and when testing the light, watch the status of the living creatures and adjust the light accordingly.
  1. I want to connect all these to the ICv6, can it handle all these? lights, 2 wavemakers, pump and skimmer ?
Answer: Yes, ICV6 can support XF330/350 Wave Makers, AD600 Skimmers and Turbine Duo Return Pumps, and Recurve remote control.
  1. Will I be able to control them from offsite? Before I saw how good your wavemakers were I was looking at red sea.... and they can be controlled by far.
Answer: No it can't, the ICV6 only works on LAN network, meaning that your phone needs to stay in the same wifi range as the ICV6 does.
  1. I see that there is no maxspect battery for these, have I missed something?
Answer: Do you mean the backup batteries? Sorry that Maxspect does not produce batteries as they have higher requirements regarding the production, storage and transport, as well as the environmental protection part.

OP
OP
gdw

gdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response. It is unfortunate that no controlling can be done offsite. I would have loved to be notified when power goes out, or when one of the equipment does.

The recurve, it includes its supports (as I saw in an unboxing video) does that support the 180 length? It is rather implied on your site...:

1618988488604.png

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response. It is unfortunate that no controlling can be done offsite. I would have loved to be notified when power goes out, or when one of the equipment does.

The recurve, it includes its supports (as I saw in an unboxing video) does that support the 180 length? It is rather implied on your site...:

1618988488604.png
Yes, but you need to consider the PAR data if you keeps corals on the two ends. However, if your tank is fish only tank, or keeping some fishes on the low PAR area, then it will be no problem for 1.8m.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

1618988488604.png
Hook it up to a Hydros Waveengine and you’ll get your offsite control!

OP
OP
gdw

gdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but you need to consider the PAR data if you keeps corals on the two ends. However, if your tank is fish only tank, or keeping some fishes on the low PAR area, then it will be no problem for 1.8m.
well the ends, as your site says, have 45par in the corners, to 110par in the middle, so not bad for most soft corals...
It will do...

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the ends, as your site says, have 45par in the corners, to 110par in the middle, so not bad for most soft corals...
It will do...
Yes but the data is tested 60cm below the lamp and we still advise to watch the status of the corals and adjust the light intensity and corals' locations accordingly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back