A few years since I have bought fish... where is your go to?

husemn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a few years since I have purchased fish and previously I have had ok luck with liveaquaria. Where is everyone going for their fish purchases? Any sources better than others in 2021?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's been a few years since I have purchased fish and previously I have had ok luck with liveaquaria. Where is everyone going for their fish purchases? Any sources better than others in 2021?
I prefer local reefers. A lot of locals are on the local forums here on Reef2Reef and also on OfferUp/Craigslist or local Facebook groups.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not an American hobbyist nor does LiveAquaria ship to me, but reading between the lines “ok luck” I assume they’re not great? Lol.

I prefer same city or same province / state as me, with the option of picking up the fish in person whenever possible.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS or local hobbyist. I’ve used LA a couple times too but I swear their is an issue with every order. Good news is that they offer store credit fairly easily to compensate for issues.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, unfortunately they don’t. :( It’s a pity. For now Bali Aquarich and some Clownfish breeders is about the only access we have to captive bred fish especially angels.

However I have seen captive bred Blue Tangs and Foxface Los before, and I think one time I saw a captive bred Lionfish?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drreefsquarantinedfish.com

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the perfect list. I can only say reefpro from experience. They’re great to work with. Wonderful fish. I’ve bought from them many times. Once I had a box of 6 delayed and took 3 days to get to me. 5 of 6 were alive and well. They really take care to pack them well making sure they’re okay if delivery is delayed which happens often enough.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like @Dr. Reef. I get his conditioned fish to quarantine myself so I can watch them closely outside of the main tank and Mike's prices are great.

OP
OP
H

husemn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for posting. I checked out a bunch of the recommendations and will be trying some of them out in the coming months!

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to get my fish from people looking to sell on local forums as a first choice. I've had no problems with live aquaria or saltwaterfish.com. Actually a third of my fish came from Petco.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back