A Forest fire mushroom bottom?

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I'm currently following the BRS/WWC hybrid system setting up my first saltwater tank with the goal of a softy dominated/easy LPS Tank. Part of the hybrid system is going bare bottom with a sheet of textured ABS siliconed to the bottom of the tank. I have taken a particular liking to Forest fire mushrooms and have a vision of the exposed ABS bottom being covered with them and fragging them regularly to keep them off the rock work. for lights I'm going to be running an AI Prime HD on 60 blue, 40 UV purple, 10 red/green/white for 8 hours a day with a 3 hour ramp up and ramp down.

My question is how plausible does this sound? I know it's hard to predict how rapidly a mushroom will spread but with diligent fragging and placement do you think thats something that could be maintained long term? I wouldn't mind Fragging weekly while I'm doing my weekly water change but fragging every 2 weeks would be ideal. I realize I'm probably just going to have to get one to see what it does in my tank but figured I'd ask what experiences others have had with this mushrooms growth rate and invasiveness (if any).

Thanks in advance!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s possible, Especially with you planning on fragging every two weeks.

OP
OP
ZipAdeeZoa

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s possible, Especially with you planning on fragging every two weeks.
Thanks for chiming in! I realize it's probably not going to be necessary to do it that often but while I'm waiting for the salt to mix I know it would help pass the time if I was maintaining the tank and its inhabitants.

One thing I forgot to ask about was pedal laceration- does this essentially mean if I miss the tiniest piece it will start growing into another mushroom and start inching closer to where I don't want it to go?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for chiming in! I realize it's probably not going to be necessary to do it that often but while I'm waiting for the salt to mix I know it would help pass the time if I was maintaining the tank and its inhabitants.

One thing I forgot to ask about was pedal laceration- does this essentially mean if I miss the tiniest piece it will start growing into another mushroom and start inching closer to where I don't want it to go?
It depends where it lands.

Back