OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Frankenberry V1: 1.19.20--3.14.20–4.15.20-5.19.20-6.28.20-7.16.20-9.20.20-11.4.20-12.8.20-1.26.21
f1.JPG
f2.JPG
f3.jpeg
f4.JPG
f5.JPG
f6.JPG
frankenberry.JPG
IMG_7452.JPG
pink frankeburry.JPG
frankeberry.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TJ's Rainbow Flare Milli (tri tipped shaped below): 1.19.20--3.14.20–4.15.20-5.19.20-6.28.20-7.16.20 -9.2.20-11.4.20-12.8.20-1.26.21
r1.JPG
r2.JPG
r3.jpeg
r4.JPG
r5.JPG
TJ's Milli.JPG
IMG_7417.JPG
tjs milli.JPG

tjs milli.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Slimmer: 1.19.20--3.14.20–4.15.20-5.19.20-6.28.20-7.16.20-9.20.20-11.4.20-12.8.20-1.26.21
slim1.JPG
slim2.JPG
slim3.jpeg
slim4.JPG
slim5.JPG
slim6.JPG
green slimmer.JPG
IMG_7426.JPG

reen slimmer.JPG
green slimmer.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
August was busy, got married went on mini covid honeymoon (big one in feb 2021), two other weddings to attend and here we are. Totally forgot to get progress pics for corals in August which sucks cause a lot of the corals have grown a decent amount since July. Anyways finally bought a light for the 210gallon (72" x 24" x 30" tall). Ended up going with a new DX18 Aquatic life fixture (2 blue +, 1 actinic, 1 coral +) and mounted it with their wall mount suspension kit. I attached a photo with just those t5's on, but have since gotten all the parts to add my DIY leds so I'm wiring those up on it now. Can't wait to get it mounted back up with the LEDs! I'm really happy with the 61" aquatic life, well made and looks clean.

I've got the tank plumbed and ready all I need to do is turn a valve to have this connect to my current system but am worried about the shock of adding that, much volume, but more so that I only have a 40 breeder sump and I'm worried when it turns off it will flood over my sump. So I think I'm going wait for the next petco $1 / gal sale and grab a 75gal sump and make a new sump before turning the valve.

Other than that, ended up having some issues with my Neptune Apex (new EL version). It was constantly turning on and off my LED's, pumps heaters. It was horrible. After going around for over a week with neptune support I finallyl got fed up and went and bought a new APEX EL. I figure this way I get back up and running and have another EB832. Just ticks me off a bit because its only a little over a year old and not under warranty. Kept far enough away from water and everything and run a dehumidifier 24/7. Sent the original in and cost about 100 bucks with shipping and their repair. I asked a few times what was wrong and all they would tell me is they had to replace an internal component. Seems kinda ****** to me but whatever, now I have it back and when something happens in the future I have an extra brain.

All the fish have been happy and healthy. Getting a Orange Shoulder tang tomorrow from a local reefer that QT's fish, and that I trust to do it correctly. Cant wait to add it to my system as I've wanted one for awhile now.

Added another mp40 to the sps tank so currently running 1 mp60 @ 30% max, and both mp40's @ ~45% max. I'll attach some profiles of the program I'm running via my wxm. I'm thinking I can improve this flow profile but need some help from fellow SPS vortech guys.

Anyways hope everyone is doing well and getting pumped for the reefing season to start picking up with the end of summer! I know I am! Posted a few additional pics of the camper and weddin' stuff! Take care!

LIGHTING.jpg

MP40.png
MP60.png

HONEYMOON.jpg
WEDDING 1.jpg

WEDDING 2.jpg

Rabidgoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on getting married! Just read the thread, well done. I will be following along as I like the sticks too. Also like how you're doing the progress pics.

chuck

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on getting married! Just read the thread, well done. I will be following along as I like the sticks too. Also like how you're doing the progress pics.

chuck
Thank you happy to be married but also to have all the planning and stuff associated with it over, lol. I appreciate the kind words, hopefully these sticks start taking off!

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got all my LED's mounted to my light last night, just needed to grab a power cord at lunch today. Can't wait to get this puppy hooked up tonight over my 210 and give my new Orange shoulder tang (AKA: Sherman) some lighting! Love the lights, pretty affordable, reliable and powerful! Forgive the mess in the pics, we've been getting rid of a ton of stuff and anything I want to keep my wife from throwing out or taking to good will goes on this bench, lol. Will get a pic tonight once I mount them back up!
IMG_6814.JPG
IMG_6813.JPG
IMG_6815.JPG
IMG_6816.JPG
IMG_6825.JPG
IMG_6826.JPG
IMG_6820.JPG
IMG_6821.JPG
IMG_6836.JPG
IMG_6838.JPG

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the light mounted and powered up. Also a pic of my refugium with a few fish that don't get along with the others.
IMG_6856.JPG
IMG_6875.JPG
IMG_6869.JPG

IMG_6887.JPG
IMG_6866.JPG

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, finally got the 210gallon hooked up to my existing system. Had been lighting it and feeding my orange shoulder for about a month and finally the water started getting a little green/ cloudy. Did have decent mount of Coraline start up. Figured it was time. All my corals in the existing system are happy and healthy, in fact they might even look better. I've had to bump up Calcium reactor feed to account for alk drop. Seems like my ph is staying higher now that these are connected on reverse cycles, which is a added bonus. Plus something some other skilled local reefers pointed out, run your larger tank at night as power costs are less. Additional changes at same time:

-Added 3 quarantined Square back Anthias. Male died in QT, so we will see which one changes.
-Moorish Idol didn't make it through QT.
-Added a tuxedo Urchin to 210, to help with ugly green algea phase.
-Added my own screens to the three openings on the top. Ordered BRS 1/4" clear screen netting but just used Lowes aluminum fames. Added a NEAT Aquatics feeder to the netting which I've used before and love/ highly recommend.
-Added Eheim feeder with TDO pellet and Algea Max pellets. Hopefully this helps keep the tang and Anthias fed more often. Have it turning once 4 different times while the lights are on. Velcro'd it to my light fixture to keep in place.
-Bought a new MP60 and added to 210. Really need to sit down and play with WXM and get these all on my Neptune and synced together. Really want to get the flow ripping in this tank as it will be SPS Dominant.

One problem I encountered was my DCP-15,000 Jebao return pump doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the Fuge, 70 gal, Uv sterilizer, carbon reactor and now this 210 gallon. I've adjusted ball valves to get flow going to everything but not enough like I would like, so will be adding another DCP-15,000 system. Prolly have them teed together in case one failed ever.

Now just trying to figure out what else I'm going to stock in this tank fish wise and start testing par and see what I'm getting.

On a side not I've already noticed my juvenile orange tang is starting to change colors and get more of the grey body which I'm liking. Also, my wife named the Anthias Hoaky, Oaky and pokie. Shoot me, lol.
210.jpg

Last edited:

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats on the marriage!
Did you ever use your botanicare reservoir for a sump or frag tank?
if you did I have a few questions regarding any baffles you may have installed as well as side reinforcement.

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats on the marriage!
Did you ever use your botanicare reservoir for a sump or frag tank?
if you did I have a few questions regarding any baffles you may have installed as well as side reinforcement.
Thank you! I really wanted to but the thing is pretty big and I got a good deal on the 210g so ended up selling it to a local reefer who made it into a frag tank. When I talked to him he said it held well. I attached a pic he sent me once he set it up. I think I paid around 200 for it. I know they can be a lot more though, so make sure whoever you're getting it from (grow shop) gives you a good price. They guy I placed my order from was cool and charged me 200 when I went back there was another guy who started ringing me up not knowing I'd already paid and wanted to charge me like 300 or something.

botanicare.jpg

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have mine. Paid $185 for it. Local hydroponic shop that had it for six months and seemed eager to part with it. I plan on using it as a sump on a system I am constructing in my retirement home. Wife finally agreed to a dedicated fish room in the build. I will start a build thread as soon as the project is started.

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have mine. Paid $185 for it. Local hydroponic shop that had it for six months and seemed eager to part with it. I plan on using it as a sump on a system I am constructing in my retirement home. Wife finally agreed to a dedicated fish room in the build. I will start a build thread as soon as the project is started.
That's great your wife is in board, that's super helpful. Mine like looking at them from time to time but doesn't love how much I spend on them, lol. One of the funniest things I've seen in reefing said, "When I die my worry is my wife will sell my fish tanks for what I told her I spent on them". Hahaha. Can't wait to see your build thread start up so we can all follow along.

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She’s into the fish just not quite as much as me. We are also retiring and (depending on how much the new government decides to raise our taxes) sitting pretty good. So now apparently I can splurge a bit to make up for not going crazy earlier in our marriage. Now I might have to rethink the Jag.

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She’s into the fish just not quite as much as me. We are also retiring and (depending on how much the new government decides to raise our taxes) sitting pretty good. So now apparently I can splurge a bit to make up for not going crazy earlier in our marriage. Now I might have to rethink the Jag.
That sounds great! Black Friday isn’t that far away, sounds like the perfect time to go a little crazy especially if your wife is green lighting it!!

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Participated in my first live sale a few weeks ago with TCK Corals and got SUPER lucky and won their raffle prize of a free TCK Master Torch! Couldn't believe it when I got the email, super happy to finally have a torch and it's a beauty! 12.9.20 (first two pics) - 1.26.21
master torch 1.JPG
master torch.JPG

master torch.JPG

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back