A little about yourself

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
John, with an “H”

Turn 41 tomorrow......

Never had a fish of any kind until this year..... jumped in pretty fast I guess

Always gravitate towards the unusual/different. Have a couple of dogs (Dogo Argentino and Boston Terrier named David Bowie and Boy George). Had a 14’ Albino Burmese, Ferret, Chinchillas, etc over the years. Plan to get an Ocelot from a breeder once the dogs are not in the picture but that is many years away.

I have 2 kids that I know of, and It’s time for school, so that’s all I have time for this morning!

Happy Birthday a day early!

Llorgon

View Badges
Reaction score
30, married, 2 cats, software developer that works from home. Big fan of anything techy, board games, hiking camping, boating. Recently moved to a smaller town from Vancouver, Canada in an attempt to make friends I have started playing dnd. So pretty big nerd I guess.

Tank wise, I am pretty new to reefing and still just trying to get corals to grow and thrive. I have a 25 gallon lps tank and will be setting up a 75 gallon maybe sps tank.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am 59 and will retire in 5 years. Been in Law enforcement for over 16 years. I have loved fish and pets of any kind since I was a toddler. Received my first fish when I was 5. Been hooked ever since.
Love gardening and craft fairs. Metal outdoor ornaments or glass are my favorites. I have 4 dogs. 3 are cute little things. 2 are 14 years old. One is 3. Then there is the rescue dog. He is around 3. And at a 2 week immersion class with the trainer. I love chocolate and warm zippered hoodies. And more chocolate.

dough

Reefing since '95
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm older than I wish at 55 year old, with a great wife that tolerates all my hobbies although I blame her for starting this fish hobby more than 20 years ago. We have 3 great daughters, 4 cats, 1 80lbs mixed dog, freshwater tank and a SW tank. I'm a SE Regional Sales Mgr working out of my home office here in NE Atlanta. Hobbies also include metal detecting, building plastic models and fishing. My firt tank started as a 10 gallon Walmart Kit and quickly went to saltwater pretty quick and been down here from there. I've keep a little bit of everything over the years.

This is my first SS so I'm pretty excited about this and don't want to disappoint......

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
I play a video game called Runescape in my free time. I've played it for over 15 years now and still love it!

Runescape! Awww yeah! I played it for a while waaaaay back in the day for about 3 years. I think I started around 2004 and quit a couple months after they released the grand exchange.

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm Bryan, I'm 25 and getting married in less than a month! I'm a Assembly Integration and Test Engineer at a medium sized aerospace company in SoCal. It was announce recently that we got a contract to build a lander to land on the moon! Super exciting stuff. I'm also a student in electrical engineering so my days are very busy between school and work. In the free time I do have, my hobbies are constantly shifting but one of the ones that has stuck around is reef tanks of course. I also like old cars (I have an 89 MR2 Supercharged), rock music, movies and I'm finally starting to enjoy reading.

As for my tank, I have a 24G biocube that has been up and running for about 3 years now although I had pretty much a full tank crash about 6 months ago :/. (It was from neglect, I just got way to busy with school and work but I gave away all my fish before the busy season hit.) So now I'm working on building the tank up from the ground up and taking the tank more seriously overall. This is my first SS here and I'm super excited!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back