A little auction crazy!!!

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have discovered the joys and excitement and irritation of online coral auctions the past few weeks. 12 hours later after buying five or $600 worth of pieces on auction and not getting a single $5 or $10 one to go along with them. I realize that I've have upwards of 20 coral flags coming. And sadly I need a new tank quickly .
In the frenzy that is auction buying, acquired half a dozen pieces of favia along with eight or so mushrooms that are amazing .although I have to say I am quite disappointed in how small some of them are.I guess that's another learning lesson for me. Now I'm confronted with the realization that if I really want to do the things that I want in reef keeping. I'm going to need two more tanks. 125 to 150 gallon or bigger. And at least one more 65 or so. Because I want everything!!! I currently have a 32 bio equipped with Steve's LEDs and a 65. And as I was new to the reefing business neither are set up the way I should have. Hindsight is a wondrous thing.
I think it's almost more fun to just buy large pieces whole colonies instead of little frags. I guess I'm too impatient lol. So more tanks here I come followed by many more auctions I'm sure. Thank you all for showing me so many details of reef keeping in these forums It's quite amazing The amount of knowledge you can get if you pay attention.
Here are some of the pieces I have either won. Or already have in my tanks.
Thanks again everyone. Especially reef to reef for these forums

Screenshot_20201203-220752.png Screenshot_20201203-220510~2.png Screenshot_20201203-220514~2.png Screenshot_20201203-220457~2.png PXL_20201204_040710288.jpg

Last edited:

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually enjoy growing things from tiny pieces in to large colonies. It lets me know that I'm doing very good as a reefer. With a large colony sometimes I can't really tell if a coral is really thriving. A small frag, it's easy to see 1 stick turn in to 2 sticks or 1 bud in to 2 buds in a specific time frame.

I also enjoy trying to get corals to spawn and then attempting to figure out ways to get them to thrive and then spawn.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love a bigger piece of stuff for less money.

Happy Reefing!

OP
OP
Sudaien

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually enjoy growing things from tiny pieces in to large colonies. It lets me know that I'm doing very good as a reefer. With a large colony sometimes I can't really tell if a coral is really thriving. A small frag, it's easy to see 1 stick turn in to 2 sticks or 1 bud in to 2 buds in a specific time frame.

I also enjoy trying to get corals to spawn and then attempting to figure out ways to get them to thrive and then spawn.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love a bigger piece of stuff for less money.

Happy Reefing!
I hadn't thought of it like that.. thank you. I look forward to growing these frags out

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to edit but can't seem to figure out how lol. But thank you. . please pm me if you know how
Ususlly when clicking on the picture, an icon will pop up letting you know you can snip the picture. I use a MacBookPro. Selecting the shift, command, #4 you can snip a section of the picture you want to share. You mouse pointer will change to allow the snip action to active. Then you can drag-and-drop onto your form.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow Coloradan! Nice to see some more reefers in the area :)

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ususlly when clicking on the picture, an icon will pop up letting you know you can snip the picture. I use a MacBookPro. Selecting the shift, command, #4 you can snip a section of the picture you want to share. You mouse pointer will change to allow the snip action to active. Then you can drag-and-drop onto your form.

Something else, if you are using a window-based computer, you can use the application already installed. It is called a snipping tool. simple to use. it is like copy and paste without actually coping with the picture. So, after using your mouse to select the area you want to snip and letting go, it will automatically copy the image to the clipboard. All you will need to do is paste to the form using the short cut. I think that is control-v.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you mean edit the post to remove your personal info, not edit the picture. In this case you might be too new here to be able to edit your posts and an #mod may be of assistance.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back