A Look at the Orphek Atlantik V4 LED Fixture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year R2R family! Some beautiful coral photos in this article...

http://aquanerd.com/2017/12/a-look-at-the-orphek-atlantik-v4.html

Aquarium-LED-light-Orphek-Atlantik-V4-reef.jpg

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the gateway communicate through a door opening as the computer is on the opposite side of the house.(35' maybe) If not could I connect a coax cable to box and run antenna out into the Hallway? One more question. Do I have to use a wireless router since I'm required to hard wire a connection to the gateway unit? Thanks to anyone that can Help me. :):):):):)

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , Scardall , it can pass walls and doors

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the gateway communicate through a door opening as the computer is on the opposite side of the house.(35' maybe) If not could I connect a coax cable to box and run antenna out into the Hallway? One more question. Do I have to use a wireless router since I'm required to hard wire a connection to the gateway unit? Thanks to anyone that can Help me. :):):):):)

Yes it can Pass some walles and doors, and yes it need to be conected to a router ,

Here is how it works.

The Gateway talks with the light via internal protocol called long tooth which is simioar to blue tooth but it’s range extends up to 40 meters in an open room.

This is private protocol and only the Gateway can talk with the unit and this is why need the Gateway.

You cannot connect to the Gateway directly from your phone so you must connect the Gateway to the router. The phone/tablet talks to the router and then the router passes the information to the Gateway then the Gateway converts the information to internal protocol and talks to the light(s).

Orphek Atlantik Master getway .png

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the V4's and love them. The gateway is takes about 5 minutes to set up. As stated above, if you have a connection to your router then you are connected to the gateway. However unless you like to tinker with the programming, you can pretty much set it up once and ignore it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back