AquaCave

MartinM

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I don’t know what happened but the quality went way downhill. No difference between them and the Red Sea systems anymore, besides the absurd price tag. I essentially wasted $14,000 on a new 200XL. It’s absolutely not any different than my Red Sea system. In fact the glass clarity is probably worse, as are the overflows :( my (very reputable) LFS confirmed that the quality had dropped off a lot when I asked. Now I try to warn people not to buy new ones. In fact the overflows are so bad I’m scrapping the entire system soon.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Colt13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I don’t know what happened but the quality went way downhill. No difference between them and the Red Sea systems anymore, besides the absurd price tag. I essentially wasted $14,000 on a new 200XL. It’s absolutely not any different than my Red Sea system. In fact the glass clarity is probably worse, as are the overflows :( my (very reputable) LFS confirmed that the quality had dropped off a lot when I asked. Now I try to warn people not to buy new ones. In fact the overflows are so bad I’m scrapping the entire system soon.
wow thanks for the insight

OP
AceShadow_Reefer

AceShadow_Reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
From the good old days of Elos. The new ones aren’t nearly so nice anymore.
So sad... This tank really is a beauty and the build quality is incredible... you would think that their newer tanks would be even better! At least they have hard plumbing now.

I really want to upgrade to hard plumbing. I will be updating this thread when BRS finally gets the right sizes of PVC I want in 2' lengths because the stock plumbing only consists of a corrugated tube and a silicone tube, which are fine but are pretty messy looking and won't allow me to cleanly plumb in additional accessories such as a chiller.
Also, something funny happened the day I set up the tank. I didn't use a clamp on the barbed fitting for the return pump by accident and when I turned the COR 15 up to 10% the silicone tube nearly burst and the tube popped off the barb fitting spilling water everywhere... not great, but a couple cheap hose clamps later and it works fine. Still too worried to crank the COR 15 up any more than 15% though, which I would be able to do with hard plumbing and a manifold :)

Never Wash Another Nasty Filter Sock Again!
AquaCave

Does it matter to you whether your fish are captive-bred or wild caught?

• I only buy captive bred fish.

Votes: 54 13.4%
  • It matters, but I will buy either captive-bred or wild-caught.

Votes: 298 74.1%
  • I think wild-caught fish are the better option.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • I don’t care where the fish were bred.

Votes: 44 10.9%
A Reef Creation