A note about Christmas Wish Lists... Go wild!

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I added this thought to our Secret Santa registration thread, but I decided to create a separate thread for it as well.

A note on creating your Elfster wish list. Our minimum gift amount is $25, and you shouldn't expect more than that to be spent on a gift. HOWEVER, please feel free to throw anything you'd like on that list. I find it's fun for folks to list out even those crazy expensive things they'd like, so put that new 300-gallon custom tank on there! LOL No harm in dreaming! Go wild! (But please, while you're going wild... Still be sure to include gifts that fall within the $25 minimum as well.)

Also, as you look at the wish list created by your recipient, don't be alarmed if there are items on there you won't be able to buy them. Please don't feel obligated to spend more than you planned. Remember, it's a "wish list," and there's no harm in their wishing. :) While it's great to be generous, your recipient isn't expecting you to give more than the minimum. From experience, I know that your gift (whatever it may be) will bring joy because of the thought and kindness that goes into it. #R2RSecretSanta

Last edited:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I added this thought to our Secret Santa registration thread, but I decided to create a separate thread for it as well.

A note on creating your Elfster wish list. Our minimum gift amount is $25, and you shouldn't expect more than that to be spent on a gift. HOWEVER, please feel free to throw anything you'd like on that list. I find it's fun for folks to list out even those crazy expensive things they'd like, so put that new 300-gallon custom tank on there! LOL No harm in dreaming! Go wild! Also, as you look at the wish list created by your recipient, don't be alarmed if there are items on there you won't be able to buy them. Please don't feel obligated to spend more than you planned. Remember, it's a "wish list," and there's no harm in their wishing. :) While it's great to be generous, your recipient isn't expecting you to give more than the minimum. From experience, I know that your gift (whatever it may be) will bring joy because of the thought and kindness that goes into it. #R2RSecretSanta

Fantastic thoughts that match mine very well. My list has everything from a $8 filter sock to a $1100 LED light. While I would absolutely love the light, I still absolutely need the filter socks so I'd be ecstatic to recieve a few of those :) I try and tell everyone to have a wish list that will suit any Santa's budget. I will say when you are planning on spending say $200 and your recipient only has a few very low dollar items on there wish list it can be difficult to come up with other ideas..

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What do you do if the person you're match with ONLY has high dollar gifts on their wish list, and those items are way above what you have budgeted?

This not the case for my match, but rather someone else who asked this question elsewhere.

Good question

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What do you do if the person you're match with ONLY has high dollar gifts on their wish list, and those items are way above what you have budgeted?

This not the case for my match, but rather someone else who asked this question elsewhere.
Just use deductive reasoning to figure out some gifts more in their price range :). I think everybody loves a BRS gift card!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Scratch08, post: 8118180, member: 65669"

[/QUOTE]

did you get your match already? I have not anyone know when we will?

never mind its on the elfster page. I thought we would get an notification here. glad I checked

TN_Huskymama

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time coming up with a list that is reasonably priced! lol
Everything I want is related to getting a sump setup for my undrilled tank. Or getting my dream Red Sea Reefer ;Playful (big dreams lol)

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time coming up with a list that is reasonably priced! lol
Everything I want is related to getting a sump setup for my undrilled tank. Or getting my dream Red Sea Reefer ;Playful (big dreams lol)
sounds like youre a good contender for a BRS gift card!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So I was assigned my recipient, and I'm all set to play Santa. If you click on the bell in elfster and scroll down, you can see what people have asked for (takes awhile). So many awesome ideas! So many things I never knew I wanted! This is going to be a lot of fun.

Back