OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gonis are doing really well as I am feeding oyster eggs everyday. I'm feeding about 1 teaspoon a day
124.jpg
125.jpg
126.jpg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably would be okay with 2 or 3 even! want to sell 2 or 3?? LOL Seriously though! I have a question. I was thinking of ordering these for a 36 gallon bowfront. I know that 2 are overkill really but I plan to upgrade to a 120 in less than a year. I read that it only cover 18 x 18 because of the narrow lens cover and the rep from usa confirmed that if my tank was deeper than 18 inches (I think he said) that is true. The 120 is 24 inches front front o back do I need something that will cover 24 x 24. I dont mind getting 4 or 5 even but I guess no matter how many I have it wont cover but 18. I really like the light, they look really nice so I am unsure of what I am doing with this tank later so maybe it will work out and just keep them for this but more than likely I will be getting rid of this for a frag or grow out tank. I was reading where Dana Riddle reviewed this light and I think he said it would reach 24. I am sure if I turned it facing long ways it would work but dont really like the look of that! Do you think I t would cover 24 inched from fron of tank to back? How do you like the lights? How is the color pop? I cant decide whether to order from her or low cost aquarium in China, If I get them that is. They are about 125.00 cheaper from then and they said I would have it in a week and still have usa support. I now the rep from Usa would say other wise but at least I would be able to get parts from him if need be. To top things off I seen some cool ufo zetlights on that site cheap and maxspect and other lights way cheaper than usa, some the same like kesil but I guess the cheap ones are from companys based in China! Let me know if intersted in letting any go!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably would be okay with 2 or 3 even! want to sell 2 or 3?? LOL Seriously though! I have a question. I was thinking of ordering these for a 36 gallon bowfront. I know that 2 are overkill really but I plan to upgrade to a 120 in less than a year. I read that it only cover 18 x 18 because of the narrow lens cover and the rep from usa confirmed that if my tank was deeper than 18 inches (I think he said) that is true. The 120 is 24 inches front front o back do I need something that will cover 24 x 24. I dont mind getting 4 or 5 even but I guess no matter how many I have it wont cover but 18. I really like the light, they look really nice so I am unsure of what I am doing with this tank later so maybe it will work out and just keep them for this but more than likely I will be getting rid of this for a frag or grow out tank. I was reading where Dana Riddle reviewed this light and I think he said it would reach 24. I am sure if I turned it facing long ways it would work but dont really like the look of that! Do you think I t would cover 24 inched from fron of tank to back? How do you like the lights? How is the color pop? I cant decide whether to order from her or low cost aquarium in China, If I get them that is. They are about 125.00 cheaper from then and they said I would have it in a week and still have usa support. I now the rep from Usa would say other wise but at least I would be able to get parts from him if need be. To top things off I seen some cool ufo zetlights on that site cheap and maxspect and other lights way cheaper than usa, some the same like kesil but I guess the cheap ones are from companys based in China! Let me know if intersted in letting any go!
Yes you would have no problem with 24in coverage and the 18x18 is for sps only tanks. The lights themselves and the warranty with support is provided only for Noopsyche products sold by authorized dealers and aquariumlowcost is not an authorized dealer as stated by Noopsyche. I should know as i'm the support tech for Noopsyche in the USA and Canada.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you would have no problem with 24in coverage and the 18x18 is for sps only tanks. The lights themselves and the warranty with support is provided only for Noopsyche products sold by authorized dealers and aquariumlowcost is not an authorized dealer as stated by Noopsyche. I should know as i'm the support tech for Noopsyche in the USA and Canada.
[/QUwell, I could have in warrantied by aquarium lowcost as well. I am not sure exactly how he phrased the warranty part. I know the other noop guy keeps saying they are knockoffs but have yet to see any proff of that. Idontsee any posts saying anything near that infact quite the contrary, I am not sure if I will pay more for usa or much less from china because there are more shops on aliexpress selling them with free returns and backed by ali express and also high feedback, same with dh gate. I know that maxspect and zetlight is the same. If its from china seems it can be bought much cheaper in China and I really like the ufos from zetlight too! I just cant decide. My birthday is this month and my hubby keeps saying get the radions but I dont know if I can bring myself to spend that kind of money! I have always been a bargin shopper! lol. Ihave to decide soon because I have corals on the way and my little light I am using is only enough forone side and lights close to surface! Guess I will draw from a hat! lol Oh, I saw some reefi lights that were real impressive with a crazy color spectrum like orpheks!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the leathers!

Good job!
Thanks bro as I love me some leather coral and they have shed 4-5 times and getting bigger each time so they must like something.
Trying to get my salinity correct as my hanna handheld reads 1.024 and my Milwaukie reads 1.026 so I recalibrated the Hanna and it stayed the same but the Milwaukie reads 1.026 for one (older)calibration solution and (newer)1.028 for the other.
I have been using the Hanna for the past few months and had the Milwaukee just to double check.
This is the icp test when using the Milwaukee before I got the Hanna and it reads
a7a782953547a27698ec6edd482522ef.png

Here is the test after using the Hanna only for the past few months
2dfbc4e9ac411c70328a014613fbebea.png

Leads me to believe the old calibration solution using for the Milwaukee was not correct and the new one that tests higher is.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bro as I love me some leather coral and they have shed 4-5 times and getting bigger each time so they must like something.
Trying to get my salinity correct as my hanna handheld reads 1.024 and my Milwaukie reads 1.026 so I recalibrated the Hanna and it stayed the same but the Milwaukie reads 1.026 for one (older)calibration solution and (newer)1.028 for the other.
I have been using the Hanna for the past few months and had the Milwaukee just to double check.
This is the icp test when using the Milwaukee before I got the Hanna and it reads
a7a782953547a27698ec6edd482522ef.png

Here is the test after using the Hanna only for the past few months
2dfbc4e9ac411c70328a014613fbebea.png

Leads me to believe the old calibration solution using for the Milwaukee was not correct and the new one that tests higher is.

I tend to throw out calibration solution for testers every 6 months. But, that being said, I have seen brand new solutions turn out wrong.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to throw out calibration solution for testers every 6 months. But, that being said, I have seen brand new solutions turn out wrong.
Yea I ordered some more calibration solution for the Hanna and Milwaukee today so should be good to go with that. I agree it should replaced every six months

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch that I had for so long just got Brown Jelly Disease and I removed him fast. I hope it does not spread to anything else and now I am terrified of losing my tank (OCD).
I stopped all the flow and was able to get him out without seeing and get into the water column.
My elegance and all other things look good for now but still worried to death.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch that I had for so long just got Brown Jelly Disease and I removed him fast. I hope it does not spread to anything else and now I am terrified of losing my tank (OCD).
I stopped all the flow and was able to get him out without seeing and get into the water column.
My elegance and all other things look good for now but still worried to death.
So far no brown Jelly anywhere and everything is opening good. So I hope it was just the torch and nothing else.
Either way I got my new iPhone 12 pro max and took a couple of shots and really like how they turned out -
My firework clove polyps are doing great and have grown from about 3 to over 15
156.jpg

Next pic is a rock that I glued frags of Blasto Welsi too and they are growing wild and stay big and fat with feeding mysis 3 times a week
155.jpg

Lots of good sales are being done by a few of my favorite online people like @AquaSD so I am trying to think of some things to add.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back