OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking amazing! I want to come visit when we are over this :)
Yes please !!! I am thinking we can do some food and talk tanks :)
All caught up. Great thread!
Thank you bro :) I am just doing what I know and trying things for the first time like and chaeto reactor.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please !!! I am thinking we can do some food and talk tanks :)

Thank you bro :) I am just doing what I know and trying things for the first time like and chaeto reactor.

I built my first one and it worked incredibly well. Now, I have a very, very special one that was gifted to me and I just got it setup so we shall see how it does.

(I can't give details on mine yet)

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New pictures from today
85.jpg
86.jpg
87.jpg
88.jpg
89.jpg
90.jpg
91.jpg
92.jpg
93.jpg

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to run the skimmer every other say instead of all the time because I am changing 2.5 gal a day along with my chaeto reactor.
It has been hard to keep my No3 at 2-3 and my Po4 above .02-3 without bottoming out.
I feed every other day and do so very heavily so taking the skimmer offline part of the time will help keep the number up without too much trouble.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to run the skimmer every other say instead of all the time because I am changing 2.5 gal a day along with my chaeto reactor.
It has been hard to keep my No3 at 2-3 and my Po4 above .02-3 without bottoming out.
I feed every other day and do so very heavily so taking the skimmer offline part of the time will help keep the number up without too much trouble.
I pulled the cup off my skimmer a while ago as I was always bottomed out. I also feed every other day. Now I am basically just using the skimmer sans cup for gas exchange. Much smaller tank for me of course and only a Tunze 9004. Pictures were beautiful BTW!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the cup off my skimmer a while ago as I was always bottomed out. I also feed every other day. Now I am basically just using the skimmer sans cup for gas exchange. Much smaller tank for me of course and only a Tunze 9004. Pictures were beautiful BTW!
Good Idea as these daily water changes have defiantly had a major factor in lowering my No3 and Po4, but my tank has such a positive action to this that I am going to continue doing them. If I have to start dosing Nitrate and Phosphate I will before I ever stop the awc.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed the 240 daily and pretty heavy. I am running a Tunze chaeto reactor and a curve7.

The reactor is reverse of the lights.

I pull the collection cup on friday night and put it back on sunday. Like I did on the 93.

This always seems to keep the NO3 and PO4 right where they need to be.

I also feed oyster eggs once a week for the corals.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Idea as these daily water changes have defiantly had a major factor in lowering my No3 and Po4, but my tank has such a positive action to this that I am going to continue doing them. If I have to start dosing Nitrate and Phosphate I will before I ever stop the awc.
I really want to do this in the new tank!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to do this in the new tank!
Katrina now you can do it cheaper than I did because of the new EcoTech versa dosers as they use a phone app and a apex isn't needed. I might switch to them to be honest because of noise.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back