97.jpg

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing install! Great work

what’s the deal with the wave engine? Is the controller that comes with the xf350’s not cutting it?

subscribed and looking forward to more!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing install! Great work

what’s the deal with the wave engine? Is the controller that comes with the xf350’s not cutting it?

subscribed and looking forward to more!
I really like the wave engine as its wifi interface and app are fantastic! The main thing for me it eliminates the power cords needed by the gyres. I have my Gyre in the sump also connected to it and it runs a separate program.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the wave engine as its wifi interface and app are fantastic! The main thing for me it eliminates the power cords needed by the gyres. I have my Gyre in the sump also connected to it and it runs a separate program.
That sounds awesome

any idea if it works with xf250’s?

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made the decision to have lower light coral in my main tank like cyphastria and leptoseris. The first thing was get a par meter and tune things better than what they were and while doing this I had a little brain storm.
Why not take my sump which already has a gyre in it and rock and turn it into a little sps frag tank.
I took the gyre and changed it to random pulse then I put a small piece of egg-crate in the center under the light.
I sorted the rocks in such a way to keep things stirred up as well as give the little frags really good current.
I tested it with a BRS rented 510 meter and it is anywhere from 240 at the edges to 265 near the center.
I have a little bubblegum frag in there right now along with a monti frag
106.jpg

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sad news to report.
I have ran into a issue with clear/white flatworms and instead of dealing with the awful side effects from Flatworm Exit I am going to take the tank down.
I used it about a month ago and lost 2 coral and took the rest forever to come back so I am not going through that again.
Yes I followed instruction as I have done it before but these flatworm can't be siphoned out like red planaria.
If it was red planaria I would be fine but these guys are really tough and stick to the surfaces so they cant be siphoned out.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on starting the tank back up or is this the end of it forever?
I am just upset as my regular everyday life stuff is bad so this was something that just kinda pushed me over the edge.
My dad has refused to let me give up so he is going to try and nuke the tank tomorrow cause it will as I am sure most coral will be dead. I have 50gal of water made that I do my auto water changes with and 3lbs of activated carbon he can use but
I don't think using all that carbon can get rid of the toxin.
If these were simple red planaria then no problem because you can siphon many out, but these guys are like glue and will not siphon out so all of them will produce the horrible toxin.
If it does kill the coral then yes I will be done for good as I my nerves can't handle much else.
I love my dad but I told him it's pretty much a lost cause.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just upset as my regular everyday life stuff is bad so this was something that just kinda pushed me over the edge.
My dad has refused to let me give up so he is going to try and nuke the tank tomorrow cause it will as I am sure most coral will be dead. I have 50gal of water made that I do my auto water changes with and 3lbs of activated carbon he can use but
I don't think using all that carbon can get rid of the toxin.
If these were simple red planaria then no problem because you can siphon many out, but these guys are like glue and will not siphon out so all of them will produce the horrible toxin.
If it does kill the coral then yes I will be done for good as I my nerves can't handle much else.
I love my dad but I told him it's pretty much a lost cause.
sorry to hear other things have been going badly two. Its good that he is trying to help though, I'm sure you'll get through this, worst case you can go FOWLR if you want ig. @Humblefish any ideas on how to help?

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a standard 10 gallon tank, heater and cheap powerhead. Set it up with new saltwater and move one of your lights to it. Next, I would remove the frags from the main system, dip them and put them in the 10 gallon for quarantine and observation. You'll probably have to dip them a few times over the next few weeks. If you're concerned about bio filtration, take some bio media from your 750xxl and put it in your 10 gallon after dipping it and putting it though the same dip/qt/observation regimen. That's your best chance at saving at least some of your corals.

Added bonus is you would have a coral and invert QT available once your 750xxl is back up and running

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay let me just give a run down on what we did
1. had about 2.75 pounds of rox.08 carbon
a- stuffed the brs reactor full of it and left the valve off until we needed it
b- put the rest into the overflow cups with bags and floss to keep the carbon from spilling out and set them aside
2. turned my gyres up so the tank had lots of flow
pulled out my best friends watch he had before he died as a good luck charm
3. poured 2.5 caps of FE into the tank and set Alexia for 45min.
The ones on the glass moved alot and some started coming off but very few
After 45min still some on the glass but the coral looked good still
Added 1.5 more caps into the tank and more started slowly coming of the glass
Some coral seemed a little unhappy but not bad so I started all the charcoal
I then started a 30 gal change with my DoS (will take awhile)
More have come off the glass as I am typing this to the point I see like 10 out of the hundred that were there and they are not doing well like they are hanging on for dear life
The coral is looking good right now even some that started to close a little seem to be opening up so I will watch it for several more hours and report here the progress as I am a nervous wreck.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back