A ocean inside 750xxl(v3)

Joelgama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you are correct as I just ordered another coral and I am excited for this cause at 80$ it was a steal
bac491faca7fc27356736840a2ab8c62.png
Beautiful coral . Keep it going . Cheers

Joelgama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my icp results back from ATI and was really shocked at what I saw.
I have noticed things not acting really well not all but some and the test showed I had really high tin in the water.
ATI test
I went over the entire tank and took out all pumps and magnets only to find nothing corroded or rusty and then at the very end look at the light in my sump and bam
121.jpg
122.jpg

I read all over the forums and found that this can do it as it was over the water on my sump and the fan going.
This has to be culprit as I found not a trace anywhere else in my whole house. I even checked my salt container and all.
Yes will will need try find some stainless steel screws at Lowe’s or Home Depot or if you can you can try plastic screws but not sure if they will be strong enough but maybe. Good luck

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my favorite place that I have been buying all my coral from has went to a new format and getting anything good is now a crap shoot.
I am just going to try and grow what I have and put the tank aside for now.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are happening.
I saw on the sponsor page that a place called @Coral Savers was doing a pretty sweet looking sale so I took the plunge.
I have pics of the coral I bought and so excited to get this stuff to my tank
(Tank is doing so good right now and my current coral is so happy)
5869393ac621f7d9ea87ebeda00ea49a.jpg

b72e35165590a5abcf469d56605cc956.jpg

af9a440e4a7ffb8e495c097de3256688.jpg

7b86f50e08242f852f52bd8038fe495d.jpg

050a273310d09fe65f6d46ea57968632.jpg

de2c220bd3efe577da873bb593941cb3.jpg

8f3471b982f9183aa0a8eda58eeac26a.jpg

6a74def3e05c644c73a725d174def12a.jpg

d5e419e43d6f097224032618f7c3b4cf.jpg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, I'm so sorry to hear about your nervous breakdowns, I hope this tank can help you as mine seems to be helping me :)
If you ever want to talk feel free to message me.
Looking forward to seeing this tank progress
I had a nervous breakdown as well. All 3 of us were in the same boat! Its crazy how much creating an underwater world can do to help a persons mental state! I wish I would have made a build thread but I still dont know how to upload pics. I think my hubby said there was something wrong with my phone and had to follow all these steps to do i t when it should be simple.

In nov of 2019 I fish sat my daughters friends betta and that started it all. He was in a bowl with no heat. I set him up in a 5 gallon with heater and a snail buddy with nice tank decor and basically stole him! haha. I always ignored the fish when ever I went to pet co but that trip I saw the cutest blood parrot and he was satring back at me with those big googly eyes and I knew Ihad to have more than a betta tank! So at first that was my plans until I started noticing the corals and the beauty of them quickly made me change my mind! I have 3 tanks now and 2 on hold in my garage and 4 if you count my quarantine I set up a few days ago. I still battle depression and anxiety but not as bad as it was but this corona virus and my son who has down syndrome and very unhealthy has has me almost totally housebound, but thank God I have my tanks to keep me busy and I love to do things by hand and get my hands wet! I am not really into that high tech stuff like I said I enjoy the hands on and gives me stuff to do with my day besides clean house, puree my sons food ect I know others who have full time jobs so I m sure they have to take short cuts but If you have the time and enjoy it then no need! I used to watch a lot of tv and hated it . I have never been a tv person until I became disabled. No my free time is spent messing with my tanks or researching corals, fish, watching youtubes, tank spotlights ect..never a dull moment. I also use to sleep alot and now I have a hard time getting of the computer and going to bed! haha. Las t few weeks I have been trying to figure out lights for my 36 bowfront! ALos, diving deeper into dosing ect..havnt had to do that yet and thinking about buying dosing pumps but probably just do it by hand! Happy reefing to both of you!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights are sick! hats it I am either going with noopschye with this build or the big one. My dream has been the hybrid but I am not staying in this tank long. At least not as my main display! Its only 36 inch bowfront. I either want a 90 or 120. So all the hybrids have to be hung from ceiling (which I despise the look of or inside a canopy) so my plan was to get something I can mount to the tank, like noop k7's or maybe even radion, ocean revive but may be kind of wide with a hybrid but could always get my hubby to build a canopy when I get to my permanent display and just add 2 separate small t5s and attach the ocean revive or which ever to the ceiling of the canopy. BUT this hybrid is on legs!!!! I seen it earlier and noticed it but didint relize that it could change things and I could use it now. It is pretty expensive for something that maybe temporary and If I keep it it will be a frag tank. Little pricey for a frag tank BUT for my permanent Hell yeah! I know they are sold out now on everything on noopschye's website. I know you can get the k7's on ebay but more money than their website! Man, thats a nice setup with those lights! Bright and vivid colors too! What bulbs d id you go with? I like the coral plus with maybe blue plus!

I want to ask you this: I iwill more than likely just use the k7s by them elves until I upgrade and move them with the hybrid that I will get at that time. My question is by them selves do they have a lot of disco? Videos I have seen show it pretty intense. My idea of disco isnt nesesarally specs of colored lights on sand bed but like a flicker, strobe light type effect that gives me a big fat headache. LOL Thats why i like the new radions. Lights with a lot of spread dont do it as much, Like my currents...but they suck! Not enough power even with 2 of them, They came with tank. I have heard many people compare the new radions to the look of a t5 hybrid or even more a metal halide hybrid but wthout the heat and I live in Florida! Anyway tank looks great and thats definitely the plan for my upgrade and maybe even now but out of stock with hybrid! Thanks so much for directing me to see your beautiful tank. I iwill continue to follow!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights are sick! hats it I am either going with noopschye with this build or the big one. My dream has been the hybrid but I am not staying in this tank long. At least not as my main display! Its only 36 inch bowfront. I either want a 90 or 120. So all the hybrids have to be hung from ceiling (which I despise the look of or inside a canopy) so my plan was to get something I can mount to the tank, like noop k7's or maybe even radion, ocean revive but may be kind of wide with a hybrid but could always get my hubby to build a canopy when I get to my permanent display and just add 2 separate small t5s and attach the ocean revive or which ever to the ceiling of the canopy. BUT this hybrid is on legs!!!! I seen it earlier and noticed it but didint relize that it could change things and I could use it now. It is pretty expensive for something that maybe temporary and If I keep it it will be a frag tank. Little pricey for a frag tank BUT for my permanent Hell yeah! I know they are sold out now on everything on noopschye's website. I know you can get the k7's on ebay but more money than their website! Man, thats a nice setup with those lights! Bright and vivid colors too! What bulbs d id you go with? I like the coral plus with maybe blue plus!

I want to ask you this: I iwill more than likely just use the k7s by them elves until I upgrade and move them with the hybrid that I will get at that time. My question is by them selves do they have a lot of disco? Videos I have seen show it pretty intense. My idea of disco isnt nesesarally specs of colored lights on sand bed but like a flicker, strobe light type effect that gives me a big fat headache. LOL Thats why i like the new radions. Lights with a lot of spread dont do it as much, Like my currents...but they suck! Not enough power even with 2 of them, They came with tank. I have heard many people compare the new radions to the look of a t5 hybrid or even more a metal halide hybrid but wthout the heat and I live in Florida! Anyway tank looks great and thats definitely the plan for my upgrade and maybe even now but out of stock with hybrid! Thanks so much for directing me to see your beautiful tank. I iwill continue to follow!
I only use the K7's as I turned my t5's off because I wanted lower par for what coral I planned on keeping at the start. I plan on using the t5 in maybe 2-3 months when I plan on keeping some sps. Either way it's going to be slow as I want to get what I have going good first.
These lights do a shimmer like the Kessil or halide. Really good light and the price is perfect.
I will take a video when I get my coral tomorrow or the next day and you can see.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use the K7's as I turned my t5's off because I wanted lower par for what coral I planned on keeping at the start. I plan on using the t5 in maybe 2-3 months when I plan on keeping some sps. Either way it's going to be slow as I want to get what I have going good first.
These lights do a shimmer like the Kessil or halide. Really good light and the price is perfect.
I will take a video when I get my coral tomorrow or the next day and you can see.
That would be awesome. I dint think about the par getting to high with a hybrid. That could create a huge problem. I am an sps softie kind of gal, but plan on adding some sps on top row. I watched a youtube by a person called dutch reefer and he has a geiseman aurora, which is an led built in the hybrid and he uses coral plus and I love his tank! He gets so much color pop without it being crazy blue and come to think of it he has mostly softies and lps. Is the hybrid noop adjustable settings on intensity. i think the aurora is so I think maybe he turns it down. Someone is selling one on here and ebay asking 600.00 for a 24 inch only and I thought of making an offer but Thats more than I want o spend on a tank that I wont be staying in long. I have one current and even thought of adding another but If I turn into a frag tank that sure wont grow sps. I did find a noop hybrid on aquariumlowcost.com for 229.00 or something but 89.00 to ship. Is that a good price? If I did that I really would only need one noop k7 I think. Where did you buy yours and the usa noop manufacturer website got the k7s back in too but not the hybrid. I think its 279.00 or something for one with mount and controller and for a second one with no controller its 149.00 plus 29.00 for mount I believe. something like that. Dont quote me. I have to recheck. I am pretty sure I am going to order one. I always wanted radions though! My hubby said I could to but since I have so much coral to replace since my crashI probably wont!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome. I dint think about the par getting to high with a hybrid. That could create a huge problem. I am an sps softie kind of gal, but plan on adding some sps on top row. I watched a youtube by a person called dutch reefer and he has a geiseman aurora, which is an led built in the hybrid and he uses coral plus and I love his tank! He gets so much color pop without it being crazy blue and come to think of it he has mostly softies and lps. Is the hybrid noop adjustable settings on intensity. i think the aurora is so I think maybe he turns it down. Someone is selling one on here and ebay asking 600.00 for a 24 inch only and I thought of making an offer but Thats more than I want o spend on a tank that I wont be staying in long. I have one current and even thought of adding another but If I turn into a frag tank that sure wont grow sps. I did find a noop hybrid on aquariumlowcost.com for 229.00 or something but 89.00 to ship. Is that a good price? If I did that I really would only need one noop k7 I think. Where did you buy yours and the usa noop manufacturer website got the k7s back in too but not the hybrid. I think its 279.00 or something for one with mount and controller and for a second one with no controller its 149.00 plus 29.00 for mount I believe. something like that. Dont quote me. I have to recheck. I am pretty sure I am going to order one. I always wanted radions though! My hubby said I could to but since I have so much coral to replace since my crashI probably wont!
Where is that pic of the tank with both of the noops? Can you send it to me? Thanks

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run tech support and travel sales for Noopsyche :) I did this thread to share my personal story because I am a hobbyist first and foremost.
The aquariumlowcost website is not and authorized Noopsyche dealer either in China or anywhere else as they sell imitation and culled Chinese units that didn't pass inspection. If you order Noopsyche you want a real warranty so you would need to order from a authorized dealer.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back