• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

A pearl bubble with history.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEB960F0-BDFA-4973-9A5B-E941F5C9ED8A.jpeg
6037C4EC-5CA6-4329-9170-BDD7C8F620D4.jpeg
This is a pearl bubble about 12”x10”. I grew it out from a frag off of the mother colony that I have had for 24 years! It is one of the oldest, unpublished,privately owned corals according to an article I recently read. I looked at wwc and many other sites and these are not easy to find these days. The ones that I have seen, mostly regular bubbles, are going for around $60 for a golf ball size frag. I couldn’t find a pearl bubble. This piece grew from a baseball size to this in about 6 years. I have other smaller frags.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! These guys are hard to ship...which might be why theyre so hard to find.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar coral, but i find that its health is slowly deminishing. Would you mind sharing how you care for it? Flow, feeding, lighting ect.? Thank you!

OP
OP
Rjramos

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar coral, but i find that its health is slowly deminishing. Would you mind sharing how you care for it? Flow, feeding, lighting ect.? Thank you!
I consider bubble corals to be some of the strongest and easiest of LPS corals to keep. After a hurricane power outage x 1 week years ago I was able to save this coral among others with multiple battery powered air stones and frequent water changes. All the pulsing Xenia’s in the tank died but my bubbles survived the ordeal. I have found that they do good at any light level and water movement. Although a direct current close by will keep it from expanding fully.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider bubble corals to be some of the strongest and easiest of LPS corals to keep. After a hurricane power outage x 1 week years ago I was able to save this coral among others with multiple battery powered air stones and frequent water changes. All the pulsing Xenia’s in the tank died but my bubbles survived the ordeal. I have found that they do good at any light level and water movement. Although a direct current close by will keep it from expanding fully.
Thanks! I have mine low and out of direct flow, but it's getting smaller. I might have to up the light.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back