A place to buy Chloroquine

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my CP last week. Diamondback Drugs was easy to deal with. It was a great experience. Tough part was getting the script. I dropped those articles off at my vets office. A week later I had the script. I feel like most environmentally conscious, open minded vets won't have a problem. They see all sorts of different animals not just cats and dogs. Our fish are as much a part of the family.

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps ask the ebay seller to show the back or show the expiration date? :eek:

Apparently my questions to the seller were considered harassment. They insisted that the company had been open since 1969, never closed. Would not answer about manufacturing license or permits for CP. Draw your own conclusions from that.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized that I had purchased some a couple years ago. As luck would have it, I kept what I had not used. Here's the box...
IMG_1479264623.190474.jpg

IMG_1479264634.008885.jpg

IMG_1479264643.347853.jpg

I see no expiration date

Can you check the sides of the packaging and see if there's a lot number?

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check when I get home. There was not an expiration date stamp or sticker.

I'm out on this though. At the very least, we appear to have someone saying that this company never went out of business even though Dept of Labor has records of a 401K lawsuit with a defunct company of the same name/location that moved to this person's same city, state. I point that out and am asked to stop harassing the company. Sorry, I will take my business elsewhere. Too bad, as this could have been good.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry, it's not for us to figure out or judge. That's where the FDA comes in and protects consumers. I just need some packaging details to hand it to them. That's what they do.... double check that meds are safe for us and our pets. It's never a bad thing to check any questionable sources.

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can send pics of the sides when I get home. I still have unused pills, but even if they were relatively fresh back then, they are probably 2+ years old at this point.

I will be meeting with my friend (who happens to be a Vet) and will get her to call Diamondback. They seem like a solid way to go at this point.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be perfect. Thank you. The FDA at this point isn't interested in what is actually in the capsules... just if they hold the proper permits to prepare them.

ImGood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrum ich shield powder ( over the counter Cp)is available at lfs,for much less than I've been paying. My vet gets it from a place in Edmonton Alberta called Strathcona Rx I do not know what they charge. I do know what the vet charges. I have a friend that swears by the Spectrum ich shield powder.

Last edited:

familiar1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to locate a vet here in Los Angeles to get a prescription and it sounds pretty impossible. If anyone can help please pm me.

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrum ich shield powder ( over the counter Cp)is available at lfs,for much less than I've been paying. My vet gets it from a place in Edmonton Alberta called Strathcona Rx I do not know what they charge. I do know what the vet charges. I have a friend that swears by the Spectrum ich shield powder.

I have had "mostly" success with NLS Ich shield but I did have a failure and since have vowed not to use it again. Too much time,effort, and money wrapped up in this hobby to take any chances

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried 10 Edmonton Vets and they all said they would have to either see the fish?!?! or they only deal with cats and dogs. Can you please give me the name of your vet @ImGood

ImGood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid my vet to make a house call,then I believe, they contacted the Vancouver Public Aquarium, to confirm this was valid,prior to giving a prescription. They know the size of the DT as well as the Qt's (or take the fish to the vet.)before they would give a script,since,then it's a phone call. Sechelt animal hospital is the vet.perhaps a one time house call from your local vet?

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid my vet to make a house call,then I believe, they contacted the Vancouver Public Aquarium, to confirm this was valid,prior to giving a prescription. They know the size of the DT as well as the Qt's (or take the fish to the vet.)before they would give a script,since,then it's a phone call. Sechelt animal hospital is the vet.perhaps a one time house call from your local vet?
Thanks,
So painful lol.

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can Americans buy from this source without a prescription?
I would doubt it, however, I just placed an order from China for 1kg of it for 235.00+ shipping, so I know it can be purchased w/o a prescription atleast between the US and China.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back