• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

A quick reminder about our selling forum rules (especially that you MUST include a firm asking price).

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone! This is just a quick reminder that everyone using our selling forum is required to abide by our SELLING FORUM RULES. Lately we've been seeing more frequent rule violations. There are 2 rules that seems to get overlooked more than others:

1) One is that a firm asking price must be included for items being sold in all for sale threads. Moving forward, failure to post a firm asking price could lead to your thread being removed and you being asked to repost with a selling price.

2) The 2nd one that gets overlooked is that sellers must include all selling fees in the asking price and are not allowed to request payment through unprotected forms of payment (including PayPal Friends & Family). This means that sellers should not 1) be asking for payment as F&F or 2) asking buyers to pay more to cover fees.

Repeated violations would lead to a restriction of selling privileges on R2R (this applies to all of our selling forum rules).

We appreciate your use of the R2R selling forums, and we ask everyone to help us out by making sure they are operating according to the rules.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! This is just a quick reminder that everyone using our selling forum is required to abide by our SELLING FORUM RULES. Lately we've been seeing more frequent rule violations. There are 2 rules that seems to get overlooked more than others:

1) One is that a firm asking price must be included for items being sold in all for sale threads. Moving forward, failure to post a firm asking price could lead to your thread being removed and you being asked to repost with a selling price.

2) The 2nd one that gets overlooked is that sellers must include all selling fees in the asking price and are not allowed to request payment through unprotected forms of payment (including PayPal Friends & Family). This means that sellers should not 1) be asking for payment as F&F or 2) asking buyers to pay more to cover fees.

Repeated violations would lead to a restriction of selling privileges on R2R (this applies to all of our selling forum rules).

We appreciate your use of the R2R selling forums, and we ask everyone to help us out by making sure they are operating according to the rules.
Thanks for the reminder! I remember my first selling post I didn’t even had a price. Just got too excited and overlooked probably the most important factor lol, the price

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So a ball park is not ok like price with obo? Or should reefers post different thread to guage what it should be listed at first?
OBO is totally ok as long as the price posted is an acceptable price to the seller and would be accepted if offered. The problem we've been running into is posts with no price or just a "send offers" (auction style sales aren't allowed).

So, something like "$150 OBO" is fine, but just "send offers" isn't. Does that make sense?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OBO is totally ok as long as the price posted is an acceptable price to the seller and would be accepted if offered. The problem we've been running into is posts with no price or just a "send offers" (auction style sales aren't allowed).

So, something like "$150 OBO" is fine, but just "send offers" isn't. Does that make sense?
Hi Daniel yes I thought thats what you meant. Thanks for clarification the firm part kinda threw me off. Would have changed the whole dynamics.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Daniel yes I thought thats what you meant. Thanks for clarification the firm part kinda threw me off. Would have changed the whole dynamics.
I get ya. To be totally transparent, the word "firm" was added to the rule a while back because we had a few people trying to get around the rule by posting items for "$1 OBO." :rolleyes: :p In case it wasn't obvious, the seller in those cases wasn't willing to actually accept a dollar as a selling price and instead was merely attempting to get a bidding war going. That's why the rule was changed to require sellers to post items with a price they would be willing to accept if it were the only offer made. :)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get ya. To be totally transparent, the word "firm" was added to the rule a while back because we had a few people trying to get around the rule by posting items for "$1 OBO." :rolleyes: :p In case it wasn't obvious, the seller in those cases wasn't willing to actually accept a dollar as a selling price and instead was merely attempting to get a bidding war going. That's why the rule was changed to require sellers to post items with a price they would be willing to accept if it were the only offer made. :)
Funny you mention this as I've been in bidding wars on prices on corals here that went way up after original price was posted lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back