Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby kills me at times....
Has anyone ever had a cleaner wrasse go rogue? mines just gone mental and killed one of my Feminus wrasse, I watched it swim at full speed straight into in.... never seen anything like it... ive had this cleaner for years and it’s been ok upto now.... how on earth do you catch a cleaner wrasse in a full reef?? I’ve got a couple of nets in the tank to try and protect my remaining Fem or catch it, just in case it goes mental for that one....

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read all 10 pages of your thread Mortie. Wonderful tank and fish. Well done on overcoming all of the setbacks you’ve had over the years. That’s dedication.
I’ve only got a 180 litre. I would love a bigger tank to have more fish but space and cost limits that.
You seem to be very knowledgable about the technical side of reefing in your set up.
I live down the road from you, in Ashbourne. Which LFS do you use / recommend?

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read all 10 pages of your thread Mortie. Wonderful tank and fish. Well done on overcoming all of the setbacks you’ve had over the years. That’s dedication.
I’ve only got a 180 litre. I would love a bigger tank to have more fish but space and cost limits that.
You seem to be very knowledgable about the technical side of reefing in your set up.
I live down the road from you, in Ashbourne. Which LFS do you use / recommend?
Hi Jimbhoy, Thankyou for your kind words, you are very local to me.... the main shops I use are Wharf at pinxton, marine aquatics in Walsall, Cellar marine and future frags in Stoke and Burscough up in Lancashire

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jimbhoy, Thankyou for your kind words, you are very local to me.... the main shops I use are Wharf at pinxton, marine aquatics in Walsall, Cellar marine and future frags in Stoke and Burscough up in Lancashire
Ah. I’ve used Wharf quite a bit. Also Maidenhead at Finders, and Blue Lagoon at Tansley.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. I’ve used Wharf quite a bit. Also Maidenhead at Finders, and Blue Lagoon at Tansley.
I don’t know the last 2, I do avoid Maidenhead as a group though. Have you joined Derby reef keepers on fb? If not worth it as locals who can help and sell stuff etc. Have u got supplies in for the lockdown?

VJM 21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He tried to become a flying fish, but hit a brace bar square between the eyes.... took a nice chunk out of his face!!!
A76A96D5-1C0C-41E1-AE64-5C59BAA605F7.jpeg
2904CF24-CE3F-4D7C-B7FB-CE95612E333C.jpeg
Any updates on this guy? I hope he’s healed, and I’m wondering if the colors have held. I’m thinking about ordering one. I also hope that your crazy cleaner wrasse has calmed down.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this guy? I hope he’s healed, and I’m wondering if the colors have held. I’m thinking about ordering one. I also hope that your crazy cleaner wrasse has calmed down.
Hello sadly he didn’t recover and died... I thought he was ok but he started to become disorientated after a few days and then died

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that.
Thanks, it knocked me back abit and coupled with a rogue cleaner wrasse killing 2 feminus wrasse I’ve kinda gone quiet on the hobby and just maintaining things, not really feeling it at the moment...

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, the twins are in lock down and ticking over, you will get the spark back soon hopefully! :)
Thanks Nigel, it’s actually doing better without me messing with it, my acros are growing like there on steroids...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back