Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new updates?
Getting all the stuff today from shipping, should be able to get the tank going starting tomorrow!! I'll be posting updates once everything gets here haha

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Getting all the stuff today from shipping, should be able to get the tank going starting tomorrow!! I'll be posting updates once everything gets here haha
Did you finalize a scape? I like second from the bottom that you posted! looks cool and looks like a lot of places to mount corals!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you finalize a scape? I like second from the bottom that you posted! looks cool and looks like a lot of places to mount corals!
Sort of? I keep going back and forth on a few designs, but that one you mentioned is definitely my favorite, so more than likely I'll end up going with that one

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sort of? I keep going back and forth on a few designs, but that one you mentioned is definitely my favorite, so more than likely I'll end up going with that one
Have you considered on going BB?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not, I plan on using live sand, but I do like the idea of bare bottom
Personally BB nanos are the best looking. But I also like the idea of corals on the sand bed specifically in a nano

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it was one eventful weekend this weekend. From having to keep running back and forth to various stores to grab stuff I kept forgetting for my tank, to having to get a tire replaced because I went and got electrical equipment and ran over something while at Lowe’s haha. Regardless, I now have water in the tank with some rock and sand (thank goodness!!) I went with Carib live sand, it looked nice but I generally like there products too. Aquascape went through a lot of different phases until I settled with this one which I thought looked neat and had a cool design to it.
IMG_1946.jpeg

For a rodi setup? It’s a little jank to say the least, I have it under my sink with one tube going into the sink and another into the bucket to do my water mixing and changing (not pictured is the heater and power head I bought a little after the picture was taken. I have to keep the cabinet locked with this feather cat toy since my kitten keeps getting into the cabinet to either stare at the water or to try and get into the salt, (picture of the cat below as well
IMG_1763.jpeg
IMG_1948.jpeg

As of now I’m working on salinity with the tank (getting a refractometer in today or tomorrow) and making sure temperature and all that is under control, once all that is good and ready to go I’ll start cycling the tank. Going to do a Dr. Tim’s fishless cycle for the tank. I’ll keep everyone posted as this tank goes through the cycle process!!! Thanks everyone for being interested in the tank and wanted to know if everything is going alright with it haha.
IMG_1956.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1763.jpeg
    IMG_1763.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 30

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work so far! Now get that cycle going!

May I suggest one of the RFG's from @Vivid Creative Aquatics ! If you don't want to put additional pumps like Nero's or MP10's, I'd highly recommend these! Had them in my old BioCub, and have it in my little deskmat! Makes a huge difference, in terms of random flow, and doesn't add big pumps in the tank (especially in a smaller tank)

Excited to watch your progress

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

May I suggest one of the RFG's from @Vivid Creative Aquatics ! If you don't want to put additional pumps like Nero's or MP10's, I'd highly recommend these! Had them in my old BioCub, and have it in my little deskmat! Makes a huge difference, in terms of random flow, and doesn't add big pumps in the tank (especially in a smaller tank)

@Gumbies R Us - If this is something you are interred, we have a pre-configured kit that has everting you need to add a Random Flow Generator® to your tank.

You'll want to take a look at the 1/2in RFG Flow Kit

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for the suggestion!!! I will definitely have to look into one of those.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the tank been settling in?
Still chugging along with the cycling. Getting close to being done with the initial cycle. Hit zero ammonia yesterday and nitrites slowly going to zero, with the nitrates going up now. Should be good to go with live stock in the next week or so

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let’s see a photo!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and got my camera (Nikon 5600) and took some pictures of what the tank is looking like right now. I need to get a macro lens, but I'll end up getting one in the next couple of months, so I can get better photos
DSC_0259.jpg
DSC_0260.jpg
DSC_0261.jpg

Back