A Simple Trident Ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Let me start by saying that ever since I switched from a German competitor brand to Neptune life has been bliss... The user experience and UI of Neptune is in a different universe compared to what I had. It adds (a lot) to the enjoyment of the hobby while my previous system detracted. But I digress, what I would like to ask Neptune is to allow the trident to do multiple Alk tests while maintaining the minimum 2 tests for Cal and Magnesium. This should prevent any clogging issues while at the same time allow us to test Alk several times per day without breaking the bank with reagents. @Terence please give this a thought ;)

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Let me start by saying that ever since I switched from a German competitor brand to Neptune life has been bliss... The user experience and UI of Neptune is in a different universe compared to what I had. It adds (a lot) to the enjoyment of the hobby while my previous system detracted. But I digress, what I would like to ask Neptune is to allow the trident to do multiple Alk tests while maintaining the minimum 2 tests for Cal and Magnesium. This should prevent any clogging issues while at the same time allow us to test Alk several times per day without breaking the bank with reagents. @Terence please give this a thought ;)
It’s a good idea. but on the flip side of this they would have to sell just ALK reagent. To make up for the additional testing.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the same as automation of course but you can do a manual test at any time.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a good idea. but on the flip side of this they would have to sell just ALK reagent. To make up for the additional testing.
Indeed. Or they could sell 2 month refills with 4 Alk 1Cal and 1Mag for those who want to test Alk 8x per day and another with 6Alk, 1Cal and 1Mag for those who would want to test Alk 12x per day! Assuming individual reagents cost the same (say 15$ each) this last option would cost the same as two of the existing 2 month kits (about 120$ where I am). Two 2 month kits would only allow you to daily test 6x Alk 4x Cal and 4x Mag (both yield a total of 14 tests per day), but I would find it much more useful to do Alk 12x per day, especially if I wanted to do Trident Controlled dosing. Which I do not do right now because there is no way I will spend 60$ every 20 days on reagents (or 180$ for two months worth). It would still be expensive at 120$, but still 33% savings.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed. Or they could sell 2 month refills with 4 Alk 1Cal and 1Mag for those who want to test Alk 8x per day and another with 6Alk, 1Cal and 1Mag for those who would want to test Alk 12x per day! Assuming individual reagents cost the same (say 15$ each) this last option would cost the same as two of the existing 2 month kits (about 120$ where I am). Two 2 month kits would only allow you to daily test 6x Alk 4x Cal and 4x Mag (both yield a total of 14 tests per day), but I would find it much more useful to do Alk 12x per day, especially if I wanted to do Trident Controlled dosing. Which I do not do right now because there is no way I will spend 60$ every 20 days on reagents (or 180$ for two months worth). It would still be expensive at 120$, but still 33% savings.
I run trident controller dosing and run it 6 alk 3 cal/mag

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run trident controller dosing and run it 6 alk 3 cal/mag
Thanks for the tip Reef man 89. I have started to do the same as well and so far, most of the time it works. Still, @Terence , if you are listening, please make 2 month reagent kits with enough Alk reagent to test Alk 6, 8, or 12x per day but keeping Cal and Mag testing at the minimum 2x per day (if you are wondering what the heck I am talking about pls read the above posts ).

- Current 2 month kit (4x Alk, 2x Cal & Mag per day): 2x Alk Reagent Bottles, 1x Cal & Mag
- Testing Alk 6x per day, Cal & Mag 2x per day: 3x Alk reagent bottles, 1x Cal & Mag;
- Testing Alk 8x per day, Cal & Mag 2x per day: 4x Alk reagent bottles, 1x Cal & Mag
- Testing Alk 12x per day, Cal & Mag 2x per day: 6x Alk Reagent Bottles, 1x Cal & Mag;

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back