A spent 2 days making this NSA Aquascape with Marco Rock and Superglue

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really proud of this aquascape I have built to go through the center of my big new dream reef tank. It complements my existing rock structure and provides heaps of room for corals, caves, arches, water-flow and looks amazing!

IMG_0189.jpg

I also made a video of building it here

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool! I started experimenting with Marco mortar when I built an aquascape for my daughter's WB20 cube a couple weeks ago. Unlike everyone else it seems, I couldn't get the Marco to bear anything but modest weight on any overhangs. I know I mixed it right, I used a ton of it, and I clamped everything for 24 hours. However, all the pressure points snapped off easily. Either human error that I don't understand or I got a bad batch. Anyway, really beautiful job! Please post pics when you put it in the tank

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Killer job!

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marcus,
Nicely done.
I learned a few things from your video that will will be experimenting with this week. A few weeks ago, I built part of of the aquascape for my tank. I used the thin superglue / sand method. A friend recommended I add a small amount of baking soda to the rock sand, suggesting it helped the glue harden faster.
He also lent me his hand jackhammer. The short and fast strokes broke the rock easily. With a little of experimenting you learned how the jackhammer worked and how you could get creative shapes and sizes.
Thank you again.

Attachments

• Rock1.jpg
    Rock1.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Rock2.jpg
    Rock2.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 219
  • Rock3.jpg
    Rock3.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 251

SuthernReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. How are yall building the arches? Ive got 50 lbs broken up into baseball ans softball size pieces, but it don't look like I'm going to be able to build stuff like this.

Are you just breaking the pieces into very small pieces to build the arches? I'm kind of scared to break them too small lol

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. How are yall building the arches? Ive got 50 lbs broken up into baseball ans softball size pieces, but it don't look like I'm going to be able to build stuff like this.

Are you just breaking the pieces into very small pieces to build the arches? I'm kind of scared to break them too small lol
The smaller pieces are easier to work with.

Back