Updated Cycling Science thread 2020

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can still do the interruptions in continuance, but as a fellow peer I'm asking you to specifically not to post on my threads, select the ignore button. Your writing here is beyond unacceptable and as the author of this thread I'm asking you not to post in it, though you still can anyway, but I'm asking you not to derail or post here further.

@brandon429 Whatever. I do not look to see who the OP is when I get a notification about a post. But - if you feel a post I made is inappropriate report it? Because, I believe, that this was a discussion board - for everyone to politely discuss issues. I do not believe I have broken any rules.

But - I have a suggestion for you. Perhaps you should ask the management for an area on the site (like a topic) - for your thoughts and your research - where the only people that can answer are ones that specifically have done whatever experiment you're asking for?

This most recent post, I merely asked you 'why' is that issue important? I was curious about it.

In any case - I do not recall you asking me to not post in your threads. I do recall you stating you were going to ignore my posts for 3 months. Which is fine with me.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
second request, going forward after this very post i'm asking you not to post in my threads because you won't temper your responses with seneye proofs or work threads you made or saw in the field that align with your claims.

those are the source restrictions for claims in this thread.

in all other threads where you see me make filtration claims, post anything you like you won't hear a thing from me we will get along fine.

Continuing on with work threads, this example of post- Ida reef tank restoration specifically uses the portion of this thread on page one regarding surface area amplification.

we did not need new bottled bacteria there we needed only open exposed live rock pores, formerly blanketed

the system is instantly back running without delay or purchase. we can rely on deep cleans not to induce recycles if we exclude detritus thoroughly. we have essentially new sand there but the live rock bacteria were enough even when surrounding filtration supports were cleaned to the extreme. the amplification of filtration ability by having quality surface area present, not more dosed bacteria, in the high flow zone is what makes that new build work so well as we track its coming lifespan.

cleaning off the sloughs and blocks that cap over existing bacteria is what's indicated, there isn't a doser we would buy or add before instating that level of clean control. We backflushed that reef tank. The original bacteria slicks were not killed by hurricane Ida, they were capped over by it. that's uncapping using the rule of skip cycle rip cleaning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a cycling thread we just unstuck using updated rules regarding nitrite unfactoring

readers

notice his fish disease pre plan, his tank fits 100% within our model of updated cycling science here so it is linked as a standout example in diverse but exacting cycle options, tank to tank. he had fish disease preps planned out even before his tank was cycling

the best part of that thread is as of 9/5/21 no bioload is present, we get to watch it unfold live time and the reef is either going to run perfectly or its going to die within a month as a stinking rotten cloudy water mess. time will tell, old cycling science vs new cycling science will tell. we just broke nitrite protocol which is 90% of old cycling science start date assignment.

if we followed old cycling science any further in that thread, he'd be advised to buy more bacteria for a tank that is already cycled. old cycling science is retail-dependent always due to the assumed weakness or partiality of bacteria that would test fully ready if we were using a decent seneye machine. we don't need anyone's testing using updated cycling science, he's well past known deposition times for dosed bottle bac that alone seals the start date nicely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I nominate that thread to be the single most important cycling science thread of 2021.

it shows evidence of:

-how the mechanics of false stalled cycles work, using digital gear and common gear side by side. crucial reading differences exist, crucial. own one kit, you're stalled and buying six new rounds of bottle bac. own another kit, you've been cycled eight days ago, that stark. what the biology actual does rarely factors in online cycle assessments, we're led by kit summary statements, its a fact. that's old vs new cycling science.

-the inherent control timing in bottle bac cycles for nh3 ammonia, the one param we care about in this thread. look how fast its actually controlled out of the bottle, look how slow API registers that control, even weeks later, even after TAN conversion.

-it shows evidence of nitrite neutrality in any process within display tank cycling or bioload carry.

own one kit and you're buying six new rounds of bottle bac

own another kit, and your cycle was ready eight days before your first cycle inquiry was made. that stark, cycles do not stall we're just barely able to see this due to changes in ability to measure.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back