A tale of a Red Sea Reefer 250

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great equipment choices. Please feel free to check out my RSR250 build in the link below. Did the manifold and went through a few evolutionary steps. Good luck!

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no. I am watching your thread because I am actually building a RedSea 250 either today or tomorrow and I will be using almost all of the same equipment as you are, with 1 exception -- the skimmer.

Also, what heater were you planning to use on this?

You are in for a treat!, the 250 is in my opinion one of the best balanced Reefs (All things considered).

Not planning on using a permanent Heater (Local weather indoors averages 75 degrees), may need a Chiller though.

Best of luck!.

Eight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found your thread and discovered you're using about 70% of the same equipment as I am currently planning on. (Red hard plumb PVC, Gate Valves, Aquamaxx Media Reactors, Vario return, Clarisea, etc.) If you ever get started on your build, please share so we can swap notes! My build thread is here.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone on here looking forward to the build I have bad news. The build has been postponed due to medical reasons. He decided to put it to the side and focus 100% on his recovery.

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My outmost sincere apologies to everyone that was following this thread; I experienced multiple strokes at the end of 2019 and had to stop all my plans to build this reef.

As of today, I’m forced to dictate and have all messages read to me, this has been the main reason to stay away from R2R which I miss a lot!!!.

I have plans of setting up a small tank soon (As movement and coordination are still limited) but at the very least will be able to have someone to type for me (As Im doing it now).

To my friends at 305 Reef Club: Miss being able to read the chat, I hope all of you are doing well and safe.

Will be back with my tiny reef soon.

Moving along!!!!

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My outmost sincere apologies to everyone that was following this thread; I experienced multiple strokes at the end of 2019 and had to stop all my plans to build this reef.

As of today, I’m forced to dictate and have all messages read to me, this has been the main reason to stay away from R2R which I miss a lot!!!.

I have plans of setting up a small tank soon (As movement and coordination are still limited) but at the very least will be able to have someone to type for me (As Im doing it now).

To my friends at 305 Reef Club: Miss being able to read the chat, I hope all of you are doing well and safe.

Will be back with my tiny reef soon.

Moving along!!!!
I can’t wait to see your new tank buddy!! If there is anything we can help with please let us know we’re here for you!!

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juan, thank you for stopping by and letting us know that you are still here with us brother. I'm thankful for that. I wish you a complete and speedy recovery and am looking forward to seeing your next reef!

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internal Skimer

Reef Octopus Regal 150SSS (VARIOS)
Rated for up to 100 gallons on a heavy stocked reef tank, VARIOS 2 controllable pump.

C03D356E-A6FC-4D89-BBF7-38FE1B6A08C9.jpeg
EE2A1C51-4B16-4B7E-93C1-2168AC0C7003.jpeg

Thank you for reading :)

Is this this skimmer? If not can you link me which one? I would like a DC skimmer and am eyeing that one but it says width is >11”. I also have a reefer 250 and the sump chamber is about 9x10 by my measurement. Does it fit ok without any sump modifications?

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this this skimmer? If not can you link me which one? I would like a DC skimmer and am eyeing that one but it says width is >11”. I also have a reefer 250 and the sump chamber is about 9x10 by my measurement. Does it fit ok without any sump modifications?

This is the smallest model in the range and fits perfectly in the chamber w/o mods.

13E5F885-320B-45BB-B019-22ADC235F50F.jpeg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back