OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome pair Kris. I'm sure these guys will have some really nice babies. good luck. :)

Thanks Marvin! I'm gonna be pulling the pot on Tuesday and in about 5 weeks I will post some pics of the babies for everyone to see. I'm also pretty sure the babies will be off the hook!!! btw, I'm thinking about a Michigan road trip/tank tour really soon :)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they look great kris,, can you show what tank there in, or should i ask can we get a fts???

Thanks! I'll post a pic of their tank/system and maybe even some of the other clowns in their system. I've got this one pair of Onyx that a friend has been dying to see some quality pics of... I know you'd like to see some of these guys too :)

I just love the male's behavior. In the pic below you can see him tending the eggs but the cool thing is when he tends them like that he will regularly do a spin while in the vertical position. I've seen a lot of clowns do a lot of behavior but that male has got a sweet dance. I've gotta get a video of the spinning!

2012-3-27-IMG_8721.jpg

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like things are going great!!!

You should really see the place. Today we moved the V1 Raceway, the first raceway I started with as a hobbyist. It took us 10 hours to move it but it looks great in its new spot and now we have a ton more space. I'm gonna get some pics up soon. This place is getting crazy packed. Its gonna be around 10,000 gallons. So much I've been focusing a lot on the people that will be helping to run the place. We have a great team!

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been getting clown and dirty! we've got over 100 baby Onyx that I have been giving extra special attention to. also the hatching system is getting its first trials and is working out great just a few small changes and possibly a few major changes I'm thinking about adding an auto drip rotifer feed along with a fresh saltwater feed for each of the 12 tanks in that system. i will be updating soon with photos!!! its getting very exciting, we are close!!!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should really see the place. Today we moved the V1 Raceway, the first raceway I started with as a hobbyist. It took us 10 hours to move it but it looks great in its new spot and now we have a ton more space. I'm gonna get some pics up soon. This place is getting crazy packed. Its gonna be around 10,000 gallons. So much I've been focusing a lot on the people that will be helping to run the place. We have a great team!

Maybe I should make a trip up, haha

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I should make a trip up, haha

My goal is to be finished with construction by June 1st. That will make it one year since we moved in here. I think we can get it done but its gonna be a crazy 6 weeks. If I were you I would visit in around 6 weeks. We will have a TON going on at that point :)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Third week in a row that we have had a new pair of clowns lay eggs at Alpha Corals! This time its a pair of normal striped ocellaris that are 12 years old! This pair doesn't belong to me. The belong to the UBS bank here in Madison. I service their tank and due to some office remodeling we got the tank here for a few months. They were laying on the bottom of that 18" chalice colony but I got them to begin hosting a flower pot and now laying eggs in it. Not bad for 12 year old clowns. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks ;)

2012-4-12-IMG_8834.jpg

2012-4-12-IMG_8837.jpg

2012-4-12-IMG_8838.jpg

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's old. I got a 8yr old occy female with a super snow that just started laying. Not as old as yours. But still impressive that we have fish as old as some kids.
I got another 8 yr old occy waiting to lay as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's old. I got a 8yr old occy female with a super snow that just started laying. Not as old as yours. But still impressive that we have fish as old as some kids.
I got another 8 yr old occy waiting to lay as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

You got some old ones too! I wonder how long these clowns will be around for. I've heard of 15 years which is only a few years away. I would bet this pair could go to 20! The female still moves pretty quick when she notices the food ;)

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great. My female is 10 years old. I've heard of one over 20 and still alive.

CJ

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great. My female is 10 years old. I've heard of one over 20 and still alive.

CJ

Nice! I guess some of my 1 year old pairs will be around for a while! No need to rush the photo updates anymore, I've got 19 years to show them off ;)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have a real nice set up

Thank you very much! It only took us 10 months to set up so far lol :)

That's just some awesome stuff.

Thanks! I really need to get some new pics up. Wait a second... I forgot I took some sweet pics of some babies here and my hatching setup...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back