OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YAY!!!! Another pair has just laid for the first time ever!!!!! This pair is sweeeeeeeet! Going to take a video and pics now!

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chea! Still a few eggs left today!!! I'm hoping they last a few more days but we'll see. Still trying to get the pics I took last night off my camera.

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the pics of my SA Fancy White clowns that laid for me the other day. I included the video link again also.

Alpha Corals LLC - SA Fancy White Breeding Pair First Cluth Ever.mpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0015.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0012.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0031.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0048.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0068.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0091.jpg

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally just got slapped in the face with happiness. Awe struck! This pair just laid eggs for the first time today! Boom chica bow wow!

Just had to show off these beauties! Unbelievably rare and unbelievably perfect in every way.

Perfect jawline, perfect gills, perfect pelvic fins, perfect pectoral fins, perfect dorsal fins, perfect pattern, perfect temperment, perfect!!!

2012-4-22-IMG_8996.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8992.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8990.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8988.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8987.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8984.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8974.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8963.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8952.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8936.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8934.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8923.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8904.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8890.jpg

:)

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^what type of clowns are those guys? My tank is cycling right now and I have intention on ordering a pair of clowns soon. Just can't make up my mind on which ones! I was thinking Onyx up until I saw these!

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^what type of clowns are those guys? My tank is cycling right now and I have intention on ordering a pair of clowns soon. Just can't make up my mind on which ones! I was thinking Onyx up until I saw these!

These are SA Fancy Snows. They are an exceptional pair and I'm very fortunate to have them. I actually have about 40 that look similar but of course every one is different. I've been photoing them all day and I should have them on my site in the next few days to week. I'll be doing a gigantic update, huuuuuge!

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I've been MIA lately out partying, boating and having tons of fun! BUT BUT ... We have been grinding out here at the shop! Everything is going super great with the corals. And the clowns... We now have 12 egg laying pairs!!! Noticed a new sick pair laid eggs today and another female with her oviposter sticking out super far and she is super duper fat. Might get to 13 egg layers within the next few hours :) :) :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I've been MIA lately out partying, boating and having tons of fun! BUT BUT ... We have been grinding out here at the shop! Everything is going super great with the corals. And the clowns... We now have 12 egg laying pairs!!! Noticed a new sick pair laid eggs today and another female with her oviposter sticking out super far and she is super duper fat. Might get to 13 egg layers within the next few hours :) :) :)
awesome Kris. looking forward to seeing some updates. :)

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear the good news could you snap an update shot of that chalice on previous page would love to see how much it has grown I have a piece comin my way soon :tongue:

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally just got slapped in the face with happiness. Awe struck! This pair just laid eggs for the first time today! Boom chica bow wow!

Check them out in the video link below :)

Alpha Corals LLC - Fancy Snow Pair 15 First Clutch Ever!.mpg

Let me know what you think. Pics coming soon too!

Check out the same pair the next day in a video I took of them feeding.

Alpha Corals LLC - Fancy Snow Pair 15 First Clutch Ever! Next Day Feeding.mpg

Enjoy!

So these two have been laying off and on for the last 6 months but never any decent amount of eggs left. Usually they are gone the same day. Today I managed to catch some very interesting behavior on film. It seems the reason why she is not laying is the male. The incident is about a minute in if you don't care to watch the whole thing. Check it out!

Alpha Corals LLC - SA-FancySnow-Pair-1.mpg

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news everyone! Just now I noticed they laid down a nice little nest of about 30 eggs, the most eggs the female has ever laid. Its interesting to me that she laid today when she was trying to lay last night. I was not expecting that. These two have been together now for around 14 months so they are totally bonded. I hope they don't continue to fight. They are a perfect match for each other and I'm not going to separate them so I guess we will see what happens. I haven't seen any fin damage or anything. I wonder if it was the males way of saying, "Wait! You're laying too early! Your eggs will be ready to lay tomorrow!"

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the different colors of scales on this clown.

IMG_1640.jpg

All of these scales are on the clownfish above

IMG_1640-1.jpg

IMG_1640-3.jpg

IMG_1640-2.jpg

IMG_1640-4.jpg

Also, I took some videos of some of my bluest clownfish I know everyone will enjoy...

The first video is of one of my clownfish with blue streaks

Alpha Corals LLC - Blue Streaks.mpg

The second video is of my most blue pair, its tough to see in the video but the blue is the brightest blue I've seen and the bands are the widest bands of blue I've seen. Its pretty ironic I went to video them and they happened to be laying!!! This is the second clutch they have had so far. The eggs from the first clutch looked very healthy and were fertilized and lasted until we let them hatch in their tank. This is the first time I have ever videoed them and they happened to be laying! Enjoy!

Alpha Corals LLC - Solid Blue.mpg

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this salt creep icicle. One of the biggest I've seen I just had to grab the camera.

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

This happened to be the first photo I took. The blue led from my Vitamix in the other room looks cool at the end of the icicle. I didn't plan for it.

IMG_3253.jpg

Gotta work on those leaks one of these days lol

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear the good news could you snap an update shot of that chalice on previous page would love to see how much it has grown I have a piece comin my way soon :tongue:

Sorry for such a long wait on a reply. I'm almost 99% certain I'm going to sell my entire chalice collection, all large colonies. That piece is one of the ones I will probably be offering. Its just so tough to let them go

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back