OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been 6 months since my last post on my original thread! Well I never sold my chalice collection. Just couldn't do it. I do have some good news though. We just finished plumbing the second coral raceway (yea it took 2 years lol) but this plumbing design is going to be far superior to the original plumbing concept. I'm still at improving the raceway design for coral propagation. I will show off the new plumbing job very soon :)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So these two have been laying off and on for the last 6 months but never any decent amount of eggs left. Usually they are gone the same day. Today I managed to catch some very interesting behavior on film. It seems the reason why she is not laying is the male. The incident is about a minute in if you don't care to watch the whole thing. Check it out!

Alpha Corals LLC - SA-FancySnow-Pair-1.mpg

Might as well update this situation. A few months ago they started laying down some huuuge nests :) I guess they worked out their problems. We have about 500 of their babies in grow out right now. Can't wait to see their patterns :)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear things are going well Kris, can't wait to see what they turn out like.

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man, been waiting to see some alpha clowns. Where are the babies from your previous hatches?

:) We have a bunch of clowns that we have raised at the shop but most of our systems are devoted to other breeders clowns we buy and sell. I really value my working relationships with the breeders I represent on my website and I try my best to keep their clowns in the spotlight.

reefed419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so what are u doing with the clowns that are raised in your shop? I know u have some awesome pairs, wondering when we can see some of those babies

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so what are u doing with the clowns that are raised in your shop? I know u have some awesome pairs, wondering when we can see some of those babies

We sell them to some vendors we work with. We are increasing our production and our clowns should be available in more places in the near future. We've got some pretty sweet babies :)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been too long since I've updated my original thread! I'm gonna try to start keeping everyone updated on the regular :)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out how we get down in Madison, WI! No matter what we keep progressing. It's not even a big deal for us to be cutting PVC in 0F weather in the middle of a blizzard!

Snow_Sawing.jpg

Snow_Sawing_Close_Up.jpg

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When are you from in Wisconsin? I'm also from here, Oshkosh to be exact!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back