A Xenia Refugium: Pulsing Xenia as a method of filtration?

Do you think a xenia refugium is an effective method of water filtration?

• Yes

Votes: 104 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 120 14.7%
  • Maybe considering the set up

Votes: 150 18.4%
  • Never considered it

Votes: 429 52.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 13 1.6%

• Total voters

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an awesome clam! What is your secret? I have always loved clams but everytime I get one they do well for the 1st year or so and then die over a few day period. I have sent water test in and they came back revealing nothing. I always had 250 watt MH and no signs of pests so I dont know what I am doing wrong? Any tips would be appreciated, and once again a beautiful set up. Any chance you have a top down pic of that Gigas?
Thank you!
Unfortunately this is the only top down photo I have. I need to learn how to take better top downs.

When it comes to keeping clams I feel it is a must to feed phyto on the regular. I am a fan of Tahitian Blend from Brineshrimpdirect.com. I take a teaspoon of the concentrated algae paste. Add it to a 2 litre container and feed 1 litre over the course of a week. Keeping it refrigerated in-between feedings. The amount you dose will be very dependent on your system needs. These creatures are heterotrophs. Supply them with plenty of light and an alternate food source. This has been my recipe for success. Good luck!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_174259731~2.jpg
    IMG_20200308_174259731~2.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 50

Tom Giddens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
Unfortunately this is the only top down photo I have. I need to learn how to take better top downs.

When it comes to keeping clams I feel it is a must to feed phyto on the regular. I am a fan of Tahitian Blend from Brineshrimpdirect.com. I take a teaspoon of the concentrated algae paste. Add it to a 2 litre container and feed 1 litre over the course of a week. Keeping it refrigerated in-between feedings. The amount you dose will be very dependent on your system needs. These creatures are heterotrophs. Supply them with plenty of light and an alternate food source. This has been my recipe for success. Good luck!!
Is this what you a reffering too?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back