A3 Apex Jr Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy the A3 Apex Jr and at a later date buy the EB832 do you have the same thing as the regular A3 Apex? Or does buying the A3 Apex up front add something you dont have in that upgrade scenario?

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to look at multiple webpages and the review video because i just couldn’t believe they were asking 300$ for a controller with zero outlets.

Was going to buy one, but not a chance now. I want an updated apex jr that is a single box with 4 outlets like the olden days.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had to look at multiple webpages and the review video because i just couldn’t believe they were asking 300$ for a controller with zero outlets.

Was going to buy one, but not a chance now. I want an updated apex jr that is a single box with 4 outlets like the olden days.

The new Apex Jr is a monitoring only solution with the ability to upgrade later if one chooses. Grab the Apex Jr and an EB4 if you want control at a lower cost.

The old Apex Jr was around $250. In today's dollars, that is around $400-450.

You can also buy some smart plugs if you want manual control. Apex sees temp rise to 82, you get an alert, and go manually shut off the heater from your phone.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you buy the A3 Apex Jr and at a later date buy the EB832 do you have the same thing as the regular A3 Apex? Or does buying the A3 Apex up front add something you dont have in that upgrade scenario?

You will be short 1 FMM port, ethernet, and the extra pH/ORP port. If you know for a fact you want an EB832, better to get the Apex upfront and save yourself the $100 or so for a PM1 and probe.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Apex Jr is a monitoring only solution with the ability to upgrade later if one chooses. Grab the Apex Jr and an EB4 if you want control at a lower cost.

You can also buy some smart plugs if you want manual control. Apex sees temp rise to 82, you get an alert, and go manually shut off the heater from your phone.
Give me an apex jr with built in 4 outlets and i’d GLADLY pay $400. But not if it’s separate units or absolutely massive. One single tiny unit like the old version. Small, plain, simple, easy mounting holes, perfect.

i have two of the old apex jrs, still in great condition. One i use for my nano, and one as a backup. Both work great. Only bought the second because people sell them on here for a steal at like $75 shipped.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can the new Jr run dosing valves with Apex DOS pumps, right out of the box, without buying any extra componets?

Thank you

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can the new Jr run dosing valves with Apex DOS pumps, right out of the box, without buying any extra componets?

Thank you

You would need power supplies for the DOS units if you don’t have a 1Link to run them. I think each DOS comes with an Aquabus cable to hook into the Jr. If they don’t have the Aquabus, you’d need those as well

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back