OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow it has been 3 years since the pandemic. My tank has been changing quite a bit since then. During the pandemic my tank got a problem so i tear it down and restart in the beginning of 2022. The new version of the tank is angel and torches dominate. The tank set up now is front to back traditional style with combination of reef rock branch and arch rock. I still run zeovit systems to control the nutrients. Lighting is consist of 4 neptune sky and 6 kessil 360x. Flow is tricky since i need more flow on top for sps and gentle in middle for the torches.
it took me 4 hours to play with the power head for the right flow. I use combination of vortech, jebao and tunze to create the random flow in the tank.
Most say angels and reef dont mix but i dont have any problems with nipping. The key is auto feeding 8x a day with small amount of food to keep them busy. I feed a lot like 10-12x a days. Heavy feeding need heavy export so i run zeovit together with algae scrubber and big skimmer. Anyway here’s a little short video of the new set up.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
37DD3354-3CCB-43B3-8948-68F41212865F.jpeg
4D4E6CA5-27CD-48E7-9809-BD39FAF10C6F.jpeg
7978A06F-5CD8-4E8B-BAAE-E0D8029BAB2E.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow it has been 3 years since the pandemic. My tank has been changing quite a bit since then. During the pandemic my tank got a problem so i tear it down and restart in the beginning of 2022. The new version of the tank is angel and torches dominate. The tank set up now is front to back traditional style with combination of reef rock branch and arch rock. I still run zeovit systems to control the nutrients. Lighting is consist of 4 neptune sky and 6 kessil 360x. Flow is tricky since i need more flow on top for sps and gentle in middle for the torches.
it took me 4 hours to play with the power head for the right flow. I use combination of vortech, jebao and tunze to create the random flow in the tank.
Most say angels and reef dont mix but i dont have any problems with nipping. The key is auto feeding 8x a day with small amount of food to keep them busy. I feed a lot like 10-12x a days. Heavy feeding need heavy export so i run zeovit together with algae scrubber and big skimmer. Anyway here’s a little short video of the new set up.

Glad to see you back. What problem did your tank have?

benmed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is dope

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back