AB+ Red Sea dosing

Maxout

arking_mark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
With how much time do u think that the tank is mature enough for rs ab+?

A couple of thoughts here, as there is probably no 'right' answer; and it depends on how you measure success.

I typically want to have control of my tank's basic stability (Temp, Salinity, Alk, pH, Ca, Mag), nutrients (NO3, PO4), and nuisance algae, before dosing anything besides the basics (Kalkwasser, 2/3 Part, all in one) to keep the tank stable.

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
A couple of thoughts here, as there is probably no 'right' answer; and it depends on how you measure success.

I typically want to have control of my tank's basic stability (Temp, Salinity, Alk, pH, Ca, Mag), nutrients (NO3, PO4), and nuisance algae, before dosing anything besides the basics (Kalkwasser, 2/3 Part, all in one) to keep the tank stable.
Hard to say. For me it's a combination of time and coral demand.

Ow, great! Gonna pay attention to all of that! But Im a lil anxious and I have with ab+ and nopox already :D lol

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Is there a salt mix anyone recommends for a mixed tank? I’m thinking about going with Fritz blue pro mix.
fritz Pro mix in blue box. *also comes in a black bag if you want a smaller amount* really solid choice and mixes fast. if not then try Tropic marins Salt mix. those 2 i swear by the most.

OP
N

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
fritz Pro mix in blue box. *also comes in a black bag if you want a smaller amount* really solid choice and mixes fast. if not then try Tropic marins Salt mix. those 2 i swear by the most.
Have you ever tried Red Sea Coral Pro? A local hobbyist swore by it and I’ve been getting some corals from him. So I just got some of that and everything seems to be looking good.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

ED3

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Is there a salt mix anyone recommends for a mixed tank? I’m thinking about going with Fritz blue pro mix.
I've been swearing by Tropic Marin Bio-Actif for starting new tanks lately. I have no data to prove my tanks "matured" relatively quicker than I'm use to but I certainly had shorter periods of ugly tanks and growing pains that are associated with immature tanks. By no means were any of these stages avoided but I felt they were the shortest periods I've ever experienced in my 15 years of reefing.

Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week