About to order the 750xxl in Greece - 3 questions about the reinforcements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do love the latest upgrades I see you (may) have made to the aquarium, they really make me feel safe.
But since you do not really point them out in the site, I wanted to verify them.
  1. this extra triangular silicone in the seams. will it be there?
    1619173258752.png
  2. this metal reinforcement of the top side of the cabinet?
    1619173320230.png
  3. the double loadbearing mid separator, will it be double?
    1619173386744.png
  4. If not, for any of the 3 above, with what have you replaced these great safety features- which I might add are the main reason I am not getting a waterbox...

ps - lots of thanks to @rebels23 for the great pics that I repurposed here

rebels23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe all the new 750 xxl v3 will have all of the above mentioned. I still worry about the design with the front glass hanging off the stand (the new metal reinforcement in the front helps), but how can the silicone not sag? The silicone job is sloppy also.

OP
OP
gdw

gdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe all the new 750 xxl v3 will have all of the above mentioned. I still worry about the design with the front glass hanging off the stand (the new metal reinforcement in the front helps), but how can the silicone not sag? The silicone job is sloppy also.
my best alternative is waterbox, and the silicone is definitely slopier... much.
I saw a small cube waterbox 2 days ago, in the LFS, and I could see defects even if it was empty, no water stressing the silicone.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply!! I just saw your post. Yes to all your questions!! I saw the latest 750xxl at my LFS and inspected it closely as I want to upgrade someday from my E-260. It has all the reinforcements to make it so much better.

OP
OP
gdw

gdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply!! I just saw your post. Yes to all your questions!! I saw the latest 750xxl at my LFS and inspected it closely as I want to upgrade someday from my E-260. It has all the reinforcements to make it so much better.
I got the water box 220.6. it is a bit scary buying a tank with a failure history... Also their defective policy of sending kits for us to repair the tank is.... bad, just bad.

Waterbox has the feeling of a awful boss company, but their rep in Athens is great!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back