Abyzz A200 IPU 0-10V Control

Ecotech Marine

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for the insight Alex. I think the pump (and this new interface) are fantastic. Didn't mean to put it down. Everything is "clunky" when you are using it for the first time LOL. But your procedures are logical and no complaints from me. Glad you are working through your supply issues, and thanks for making some pretty awesome pumps!
Thank you very much - all of your feedback is highly appreciated, as only this can help us improve everything continuously!

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Skragan

Alex, help me understand how the driver works on a standard A200 with the apex interface.

If the apex controls it via 1-10V interface the pump runs according to the input from the apex. What happens when apex dies or disconnects? Does the pump simply stop or when the signal is at 0V, the internal controller takes over?

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi,

no, nothing will happen, as the control signal will just equal 0V, which means the pump is halted. But: That´s what we implemented the "Speed Zero Alert" on the IPU models. When you enable this function, the driver will set off an alert condition (noise and display) after 20 minutes of 0V signal. Furthermore, the fault outlet of the IPU 0-10V Interface is triggered to alert state, which means you can wire that signal to an external monitoring.

Cheers,

Alex

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi,

no, nothing will happen, as the control signal will just equal 0V, which means the pump is halted. But: That´s what we implemented the "Speed Zero Alert" on the IPU models. When you enable this function, the driver will set off an alert condition (noise and display) after 20 minutes of 0V signal. Furthermore, the fault outlet of the IPU 0-10V Interface is triggered to alert state, which means you can wire that signal to an external monitoring.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks for confirming what I feared.

I'll keep it running as a stand-alone product and get rid of the control module.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Skragan

Suggestion - you should implement a way to hook up a bank of batteries to the controller so in the event of a power outage one can still have the pump running. That should be relatively easy to implement with a relay that switches over to alternate power on AC out condition. I would gladly buy a new version of such a controller for both the A100 and A200.

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi,

Cheers,

Alex
"as the control signal will just equal 0V, which means the pump is halted. But: That´s what we implemented the "Speed Zero Alert" on the IPU models" When you enable this function, the driver will set off an alert condition (noise and display) after 20 minutes of 0V signal. I have a A400 IPU would the pump shut down in this case?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
"as the control signal will just equal 0V, which means the pump is halted. But: That´s what we implemented the "Speed Zero Alert" on the IPU models" When you enable this function, the driver will set off an alert condition (noise and display) after 20 minutes of 0V signal. I have a A400 IPU would the pump shut down in this case?

According to his answer - yes. If you use 0-10V to control the pump and there is no signal yes, the pump stops.

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
According to his answer - yes. If you use 0-10V to control the pump and there is no signal yes, the pump stops.
I hate to sound stupid but I have the A400 IPU Model and just got the module with the cable to hook up to my apex so what he is saying is my model would bet safe running it with the apex with worrying about frying the motor it I lost power or there was a interruption of my apex?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I hate to sound stupid but I have the A400 IPU Model and just got the module with the cable to hook up to my apex so what he is saying is my model would bet safe running it with the apex with worrying about frying the motor it I lost power or there was a interruption of my apex?

Its not going to fry the motor, if the apex lost power and no longer provides a signal to the abyzz, the pump will simply stop.

This is a problem because even if you connect the abyzz to a battery backup any loss of signal would cause the pump to halt. You can also connect the apex to the same battery backup through aux power supply but again, any failure to delivery 0-10V signal would cause the pump to come to a stop.

Maxout
AI Nero 5

How long does it take to you to get an inch of acropora growth? (on average)

• A couple of weeks or less

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Up to 1 month

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • Up to 2 months

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • Up to 3 months

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • Up to 6 months

Votes: 52 22.0%
  • Up to 12 months

Votes: 18 7.6%