Acan and micro lovers here please.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show us whatcha got.
Pink and red lord i just picked up. Had to make my birthday present right by getting what i wanted in the first place.

gallery_30_23_23574.jpg

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I like those green ones i see that you have in the corner next to all te frags.
I am liking those.
Do ya have a closer pic?

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are real nice jen!!!!
I'll have to take some new pics.
I had an alk drop a few weeks ago and i didnt realize it till i lost a few. I noticed they like alk readings between 10 and 12 dkh. Well mine anyways. I use seachem reef salt so alk readings are more like 9-11 dkh It will be more steady when my ca/rx is online.

Jen if you dont mind would you elaborate on what perameters you try to shoot for? temp,ph,alk,ca,mg
Also feedings and what you feed?
TIA
I feed coral frenzy, and golden pearls along with rotifyiers. Fish get mysis and enriched brine.
I use ammino acids as well.

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is alot more green it's morphed quite a bit. Here it is when i first got it. I'll get a pic when lights go on.
post-30-1156790567_thumb.jpg

Heres a red and blueish one.
post-30-1156438643_thumb.jpg

Heres a red one i like.
med_gallery_30_23_90659.jpg

All red double trouble.
gallery_30_23_50908.jpg

All maroon baffoon.:D
med_gallery_30_23_56137.jpg

These ones farted out on me, But making a comeback. Bad pic.
med_gallery_30_23_35671.jpg

jendub

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
creetin said:
Jen if you dont mind would you elaborate on what perameters you try to shoot for? temp,ph,alk,ca,mg

Temp- 78-81 (I keep it loose cause I don't have a lot of sps and I don't use a chiller)

PH- 7.8-8.0

ALK- 3.0-3.3

CA- 480 (I like to keep it pretty high)

Mag- 1400+ (this one is very important when it comes to micros and lords).

Feeding I use to do a "slaw" of seafood. A good variety of different meaty foods and aminos. I recently switched over to using arctic pods, phyto-fest, and roti-fest from reef nutrition. They gave me some samples about 3 months ago and I have been using it ever since. I am getting a good response out of my corals. I still use cyclop-eez, krill, and mysis but that is mostly for my fish.

creetin if you had a drop in your ph, make sure you keep an eye on the others, especially the mag and cal. I noticed when those two things go out of wack micros and lords will start to peel off the skelton and/or receed.

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jendub said:
creetin if you had a drop in your ph, make sure you keep an eye on the others, especially the mag and cal. I noticed when those two things go out of wack micros and lords will start to peel off the skelton and/or receed.
Yah, particularly the Mg. I've had a similar reaction from blastos when the Mg went too low.

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a ton! MY mg and ca has been higher than i like it, But it is what you keep it at, so it looks like i should keep it there. Mg 1450, and Ca at 480.
My acans and micros look very good though.
Cool thanks for the info! I thought they were the same as sps in needs trace element wise.
Thanks again!
Mr Ugly i have my first blasto, and it has been dooing great so far with my perams.

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epidemic, All i have is frags of micros. I would if i had any to frag.:(
Thanks laurie, I am selling off half of it.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jendub said:
creetin said:

Temp- 78-81 (I keep it loose cause I don't have a lot of sps and I don't use a chiller)

PH- 7.8-8.0

ALK- 3.0-3.3

CA- 480 (I like to keep it pretty high)

Mag- 1400+ (this one is very important when it comes to micros and lords).

Feeding I use to do a "slaw" of seafood. A good variety of different meaty foods and aminos. I recently switched over to using arctic pods, phyto-fest, and roti-fest from reef nutrition. They gave me some samples about 3 months ago and I have been using it ever since. I am getting a good response out of my corals. I still use cyclop-eez, krill, and mysis but that is mostly for my fish.

Jen are you adding any additives to your tank to keep your ALK, CA and MAG in check? Do you have a calcium reactor?

jendub

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do use a cal. reactor and add strontium and mag. I try to test about once a week and test after water changes. It's important to make small adjustments here and there, it's when you make large adjustments that lords and micros start to stress.

jendub

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to but ran into a problem with my reactor so I stopped using it. I just need to get a new one or fix the old one but I have no time.

Back