AcanLord's 500 Gallon Grow Out Peninsula Build....

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has begun..... A little overwhelming, but extremely exciting! (Wife's idea! ;))

STATS:
500 Gallon peninsula
72" Long
48" Wide
30" Tall
Two 16" Shadow Overflows (mold injected)
All Glass
Arrival Date: Week of Feb 20th

Bring on the questions and ideas. We are completely open to having our Reef2Reef family help us with this build! We need your help.

Haven't decided on:
Aquascaping style
Lighting
Pump
Sump (basement or underneath?)
Sump (buy or build?)
Power heads
Skimmer
Controller
Just about everything.... :)

Pictures to come....

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly signing up for this one...I'm a sucker for a peninsula tank!

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

With a tank that size I would use two Panta Rhei ECM 63's as circulation pumps, they can be mounted on the end next to the wall, one on each side. Pushing laminar flow down the length of the glass will create an instant gyre around the aquarium. Alternating between them in their pulse modes will create a really natural random effect with strong surge. (It will look really realistic). Plus fish swim very naturally in laminar flow water. I love a crazy amount of flow though. :D

Looking forward to your build!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see this. I just got my order from you guys and can't wait to see them in the tank!

OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.customaquariums.com/ Is building the tank. I've always wanted to do a big tank, but did not want to go acrylic. These guys build in glass and like us, located in Wisconsin. Stand is in progress at high end wood working shop called Newborg Finishing. He's amazing with custom work and very particular. Just the right guy for the job. Here is a pic of him using his wood planer on our lumber.

IMG_9275.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!! Following!

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.customaquariums.com/ Is building the tank. I've always wanted to do a big tank, but did not want to go acrylic. These guys build in glass and like us, located in Wisconsin. Stand is in progress at high end wood working shop called Newborg Finishing. He's amazing with custom work and very particular. Just the right guy for the job. Here is a pic of him using his wood planer on our lumber.

IMG_9275.JPG

I've always wanted these guys to build me a tank as I'm from Wisconsin. Just don't have a spot for a big tank as I want... hopefully one day when I find the space:D

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cool! I'm just starting to plan / work on my own 8' x 30" x 30" peninsula. I would love to hear of your experience with customaquariums.com. I'll be tagging along!

OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cool! I'm just starting to plan / work on my own 8' x 30" x 30" peninsula. I would love to hear of your experience with customaquariums.com. I'll be tagging along!

That is awesome! It's nice to find someone who can build an all glass tank this size. Tank is coming in on the 21st so far. I haven't seen them yet, so i'll be taking detailed pictures for you all when it arrives. I did see a 300 gallon built by them when we were at aquatic experience in Chicago last year and it was really nice.

Luis Figueroa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome! It's nice to find someone who can build an all glass tank this size. Tank is coming in on the 21st so far. I haven't seen them yet, so i'll be taking detailed pictures for you all when it arrives. I did see a 300 gallon built by them when we were at aquatic experience in Chicago last year and it was really nice.
What's the difference in cost from buying to getting one built?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back