Accidentally dosed both parts of 2 part right after each other

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m having someone take care of my tank because someone in my family has covid and I was telling them how to do dosing (god kill me) and I accidentally got them to add the Alk, then right after add the ca. i add 2 part via syringes once weekly (recently bought a doser). will this make it precipitate out and be useless or anything bad going to happen? What will happen?

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So I’m having someone take care of my tank because someone in my family has covid and I was telling them how to do dosing (god kill me) and I accidentally got them to add the Alk, then right after add the ca. i add 2 part via syringes once weekly (recently bought a doser). will this make it precipitate out and be useless or anything bad going to happen? What will happen?
You are fine buddy. It won't hurt anything unless you dumped a whole bunch of it which would not be the case. It will precipitate for the most part. My doser does it back to back most of the time with no problem. If there is flow where you dose it will just mix with the water and take affect.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, how much added ? what part of tank ? sump? just in water?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, how much added ? what part of tank ? sump? just in water?
It was 10 mLs of Calcium Chloride, then I realized and told them to stop. They went and did the rest later on. It was directly in my wavemaker, dispersing immediately.

I dose 25 mLs

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 10 mLs of Calcium Chloride, then I realized and told them to stop. They went and did the rest later on. It was directly in my wavemaker, dispersing immediately.

I dose 25 mLs
Why do you dose that much all at once, once a week instead of doing ~3.5ml every day? Dosing once week means you having fairly significant Alk spikes once a week. I have the same size tank as you, pack with corals, and I dose 1.6ml of two part and 12ml of kalk saturated vinegar daily, if I did a weeks worth all at once, I’d have pretty significant swings.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you dose that much all at once, once a week instead of doing ~3.5ml every day? Dosing once week means you having fairly significant Alk spikes once a week. I have the same size tank as you, pack with corals, and I dose 1.6ml of two part and 12ml of kalk saturated vinegar daily, if I did a weeks worth all at once, I’d have pretty significant swings.
I agree. That's why I just bought a doser yesterday. Corals have been fine from this, (except for the one's upset from dinos right now, but that's a different issues), and haven't noticed any issues, but I want stability, so I just got a steal on a Jebao DP-4 Doser.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back